ADVERTISEMENT

OT: JJ McCarthy

HattieBrook

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2020
Ok… draft week is upon us so someone has to help me here. Why are we being told he is a top ten pick? Is there something I am missing?

Do I think there is a place for him in the league? Of course. Someone’s can’t miss, franchise selection? No!

I swear if I didn’t know any better he is getting the Anthony Richardson treatment where one or two talking heads per network are chosen to be an unapologetic fan of his to push this narrative down our throats for 6 weeks. It’s like an experiment to see if they can speak things into existence.

I’m digging for draft content the other day, and I find a segment with Joel Klatt (puke) who is the chosen JJ ambassador for his network….

And he is being interviewed, asked to list pros and cons for the top 5 QB prospects. He is going down the list and giving deep, detailed answers for each negative and positive. So they get to JJ and he lights up like a school girl talking about their crush… starts raving about him like is Andrew Luck reincarnated as a prospect. Calls him a 5 tool! QB, high ceiling, yada yada and then stops…. interviewer (can’t remember who) pauses and is like “uhh ok so what about the cons?”

Klatt was not only thrown off guard as he looks up, stammers through his words and can’t come up with anything, you could basically tell he has never spoken a negative word about him because he wasn’t supposed to or had never intentionally prepped for negative content. It’s unreal.

Someone tell me what I need to know.

Reactions: Ustolemyusrname
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News