ADVERTISEMENT

OT: no check out cashiers at Kroger

pcrebel

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
So we have seen the rise of self checkout options at large stores like Kroger, Walmart, Target, etc. But our local Kroger has gotten worse. My wife always makes it a point to get in the line with a cashier. If they aren’t giving her a discount to do her own check out, what’s the point when you have a basket full and a small area to stack it. Now our Kroger (East Memphis near Poplar and Kirby Pkwy) has installed self checkouts with belt systems. This Sunday she wanted to check out but there were NO cashiers. There was one employee manning all the damn self checkouts to help and check IDs. She asked the guy why there weren’t any cashiers. He said because they can’t get enough people to work as cashiers. Then after she used the self checkout with the conveyor belt, she paid and went to the end to start bagging her groceries. The person in line behind her started checking out and sending their groceries down the conveyor to get mixed in with my wife’s. WTF!

Does this shit piss anyone else off or is it just us?
These stores are making the customer do all the work but not giving us a discount. And if you forget to scan something, they will call the cops on you. Happened to a lady I met a few years ago. She had her three young kids at Walmart and forgot there was dog food or something on the bottom of the basket. As she was leaving, they stopped her and detained her until the police arrive. It was an honest mistake. She said she would go back and pay but they wouldn’t let her until the police came and made a report. She had to threaten to sue to get off their list of shoplifters

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News