ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Prayers/positive thoughts needed

RebelliousLawyer

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2016
Y’all I’ve got a lot of my mind tonight and need some prayers/positive vibes, whatever you can offer. I also typically hate discussing personal stuff in a public forum but I need to vent and need some thought and prayers.

From 2018-2021 we fought tooth and nail to get a cousin out of foster care. We were late to the action and live in a different state so the deck was stacked against us from the beginning. We got foster certified and at one point have surrenders of parental rights from the mom and legal dad. State still wouldn’t let us get her out. Mom is a first cousin by blood. State required child be first cousin to be considered legal relative and denied based on those grounds so not to upset the apple cart. During the adoption process mom got clean and was in a residential rehab. After our appeal of the adoption denial the court took the easy way out and essentially said “moms clean now, kid goes back with mom.”

Mom has been out of rehab for 11 months and just overdosed with fentanyl (4th or 5th overdose). She lives but was found with the kids in a basement by family. Kids are physically ok.

I have no idea what is about to happen but need some prayers for all involved. On top of that my best friends wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and starts chemo Wednesday. Prognosis is good but she’s got a fight ahead of her so keep her in your thoughts a well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News