ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Southwest strategy

ATL_OleMiss_Rebel

Four-Star Prospect
Jun 27, 2010
Brief background: I live in Atlanta and cover Arizona,Nevada,Utah and California as territory for my job. I travel every other week sometimes more. I feel like I am a subject expert on the matter.

Let me start off by saying I fly delta whenever possible because I have status and it's not southwest but company policy says I can't book a $1,000 flight when there is one for $400. So I get stuck on the public transit plane often enough.

Southwest is absolutely hilarious in its boarding process. I would relate it to picking for the middle school kickball team. If you board early you sit, looking at all the idiots boarding and pray you get the 100 pound hot chick. If you board later you size up all the idiots and try and find the less of all evils. So I will let you in on my secret sauce because we are ole miss family.

My strategy works and I may write a book on it, so listen up! check in about 5-10hours before or so. The goal is to be a late b or early to mid c. The reason for this is that the plane more than about half full. The common mistake that is made by most is they run to the back of the plane and try and snag a window or isle seat. Wrong move! Back of the plane is filled with kids and other idiots like you. The correct move is taking an early middle seat between to chicks. I typically get a momish and a younger chick or something in between. Sitting between two hot chicks on southwest is as common as winning the lottery so just understand what your up against. The reason this strategy works is because everyone thinks an isle or window is better but the prime middle seats in the front are always overlooked! Two chicks is best but a chick and a typical dude is not bad either. The goal is a comfortable middle seat in the front of the plane so you can exit as quickly as possible and relieve yourself of any further torture. People don't take prime middle seats because they believe there is something better in the back. Well stop fooling yourself the back is scrub city. Take a nice front middle and you thank me that you caugh on to this trick now.

I hope you ole miss travelers found this helpful and please be selective in who you share this nugget of gold with.

Reactions: jlpayne4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News