ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Story Time (Moonshine)

handyandy1031

Rookie
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2022
I am a Californian turned MBA grad about 15 years ago. I like to call the program my "study abroad", but in all seriousness, I couldn't have had a more favorable experience from start to end.

After graduation, I had been planning a road trip back home to CA with some friends from home that had never been to the South. I asked if there were any must-do things on their list and they were adamant about wanting to try moonshine. WTF! Where do I find moonshine?!

I sheepishly asked some trusted classmates, local guys, with my tail between my legs. They told me the Deli News owner (Sonny?) brewed it at home, but be discreet about asking him. So I pull him aside to mention it and he has no idea what I am talking about (or just doesn't want to give me any), thinks it is hilarious. Put it together quickly that my friends had me going good. Sonny says one of the local stores just started selling a commercial version off the shelf, in mason jars and everything.

Sonny didn't steer me wrong. They had it! I bought a couple flavors, peeled the labels off the mason jars, and gave them to my buddies to have during the trip. I told them my business school teacher brewed it and they bought it.. still don't know the real story to this day. Didn't go blind either.

I think about this every year around graduation time. Love Oxford, love my time in MS, and this community. God Bless the Rebs and all of you.

(And if anyone has a lead on moonshine for the fall, please let me know.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News