ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why does nobody work hard anymore?

jamoonster

Red-Shirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
I work as a software developer for a consulting company. We have a massive project with a big client that has to be live by Jan 1 and they’re having the whole company start testing Wednesday. I’ve been working until 3-4 AM every morning for three weeks and working weekends to make sure everything gets done (I get more bonus for more overtime). Nobody else on my team, project managers, functional resources, and other developers, is working past 6:30 or 7:00. I messaged everyone a general question today at 1:00 and haven’t heard back from a single person.

This project is broken and about to fail. This client is not gonna be able to do business for weeks which have a serious impact on their client’s lives because of the industry they’re in. It’s absolutely insane no one commits to finishing work they say they’ll do anymore. Old and Young people both. We get paid really well to work as consultants too and rarely have projects we have to work overtime. Absolutely insane. Can’t wait to quit once I finish my Masters.

Honestly not looking for responses just need to blast this out into the internet since my wife’s sick of hearing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News