ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your Honor Showtime series (mild to no spoilers)

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion from the top TV shows thread whenever that was. I hadn't watched it yet and just finished the second and seemingly last season. It's a Showtime series I watched through Hulu for anyone interested. It was worth the time and probably a 3 out of four.

Bryan Cranston is excellent, even though when he's in a serious role I typecast him a little and see him as Walter White. Think season two Walter, where he's struggling with the angel and devil on his shoulders. Overall, the acting is very good down the line -- except for one actor who almost made me downgrade season one -- which is what makes the series a compelling one. The writing is too convenient at times which keeps me from considering it in a top group of prestige TV, but the acting of close to 10 characters makes you care about several different storylines. Season one is tightly constructed and close to excellent despite being a little melodramatic. That was supposed to be the only season, so you can tell at the start of season two that the story was added on later. You care enough about the characters to overlook it, and it finds traction early enough in the second season.

Don't move it to the top of your list and skip things you really want to see, but give it a shot if you're searching for a show. It's a good look at how TV has elevated because of acting talent. With worse acting, it's not noteworthy at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News