ADVERTISEMENT

Personal fireworks for the 4th

RebelliousLawyer

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2016
All, a first happened to me yesterday. A neighbor that I have generally gotten along with called the cops on me for shooting off fireworks. The cops were fine and basically said just go somewhere in the county to do it.

My question is what is the etiquette here? All but one of my neighbors have been neighbors for 5+ years. We shoot off fireworks every year, and many come and join. And the one new neighbor that moved in I told about the fireworks and noted over to join. Everyone on our block is invited actually. They didnt text, call, come over and ask us to stop, just went straight to calling the cops. This morning I’m told by the people living across the street that they told the entire neighborhood they were calling the cops on us if we did fireworks.

For context there has never been a complaint or an issue before except these same neighbors asked us to do it on the side of the yard away from their house last year, which we did. So am I the asshole or was this an overreaction by the neighbors or both?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News