ADVERTISEMENT

PETE

M.O.B. Rebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Very telling article from Neal. Haven't seen this mentioned yet...

“Alabama was a transition for me, where you’re already at the top of the mountain and it’s how can you maintain it? It isn’t your system. It isn’t your personality. It’s, ‘Hey, come learn the system. It’s Coach (Nick Saban’s) personality, as it should be. So that was different for me.

“Coming back to new personnel things, playing more people and rotating more guys and getting more buy-in was very refreshing.”

A lot has been made about Pete's wife and returning to MS, but I think the above quote shows us that he wanted to get out from under Saban and get back to "his" system and playcalling, as well. I think it's been "refreshing" to get his baby back. He looks really comfortable at Ole Miss. We're lucky to have him.

Last point... I've seen some compare him to Kirby... I think Pete is more of a teacher, Kirby more like Saban: in your face. IMO, what separates Pete from even Kirby is his evaluations. He may be the best evaluator in college football. And we're set to benefit from that in a major way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News