ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: alright conservatives, lets talk...

grovedreamin

All-Pro NFL
Feb 2, 2008
first, just to get a feel for where you are, please pick your nominee...i put "want" but there might be a difference between who you WANT and who you think can win the general election...go with whichever...as with the mississippi race, dems please dont vote - we dont want a palin landslide
3dgrin.r191677.gif

so rand paul really interests me...i could never support him because of his views on government but, as maher puts it - he's only half crazy...believe it or not i actually voted for the libertarian candidate in '04, michael badnarik...of course then the party put bob barr on the ticket in '08 and they lost me...though running gary johnson in '12 was a good move...so paul penned an op-ed today chastising perry on his hawkish nature regarding iraq...i love paul's stance on the military/war/etc...hes essentially an isolationist...which is what we need imho...hes also pretty liberal when it comes to social issues...which is what will hurt him...he's not against gay marriage which could really sink him in primaries...do you think paul could win the nomination despite being pretty liberal on social issues and being a dove? would conservatives ever go for that? i really feel like he would be your best shot at winning a national election at this point...but clearly his stance on gay marriage, pot, immigration, the military, etc will hurt him with the hardcore base...but, those same stance will help him in a general election...so i guess my question is - would your base forgive his stances on those issues if it meant he could win the white house? not trying to start a fight here, looking for an honest discussion....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News