ADVERTISEMENT

POLL:As an Ole Miss fan, do you support Matt Luke as current and future football coach for Ole Miss?

As an Ole Miss fan, do you support Matt Luke as the current and future coach of Ole Miss football?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The reason I voted yes, is that Luke is all we have, and will have until bjork is fired.

No quality coach with employment options wants anything to do with bjork and the administration.

Perhaps things will improve with the new Chancellor, but only if the new chancellor cans bjork

The reason I voted yes, is that Luke is all we have, and will have until bjork is fired.

No quality coach with employment options wants anything to do with bjork and the administration.

Perhaps things will improve with the new Chancellor, but only if the new chancellor cans bjork
yup

Provide reasons for and against in this thread.
Luke needs to ask this of himself, can I honestly turn this thing around? If he has the hubris to think so then I can understand him wanting to ride it out, but make no mistake - if he fails, which I fear he will, he will be even more hated than Gerald Turner. His insistence to not step down on his own accord will put the program behind for years. We will not be able to pay for a top tier coach because we are still paying him. Sure, he will be financially set for life, but he will never be welcome in Oxford again. If he loves Ole Miss as much as he says, is the money really worth it?

Reactions: Fishing123
Fire Bjork, fire Luke, do whatever, but if you can't recruit in the SEC you will not compete for titles.
Of course you are correct that recruiting in the S E C is paramount.

My thought is that even if Luke recruits poorly, he will stay because no one else will come to Oxford as long as bjork is there

For the last 20 or so years I have loved following recruiting and looking forward to what good players the Rebs bring in. But this whole crock of bs with the NCaa has ruined Rebel football for me. The real "cheaters" keep right on keepin' on paying for their players while we are under the microscope and punished for any little transgression. I'm sick of it all. I just give up!!

Luke needs to ask this of himself, can I honestly turn this thing around? If he has the hubris to think so then I can understand him wanting to ride it out, but make no mistake - if he fails, which I fear he will, he will be even more hated than Gerald Turner. His insistence to not step down on his own accord will put the program behind for years. We will not be able to pay for a top tier coach because we are still paying him. Sure, he will be financially set for life, but he will never be welcome in Oxford again. If he loves Ole Miss as much as he says, is the money really worth it?
He can’t step down. There’s too much money on the line that he would lose.
You think he looks foolish on the sidelines? Just imagine if he walked away from an $8,000,000 buyout. I’m pretty sure that’s what Neal said to me over on the grove board one day.

Of course you are correct that recruiting in the S E C is paramount.

My thought is that even if Luke recruits poorly, he will stay because no one else will come to Oxford as long as bjork is there
There is chatter that bjork the dork is a dead man walking.

Not only a fan, I’m also an alumni. Luke’s had so much against him since day 1. Part of me believes the conference has even made our season difficult due to all the “No Calls” during our season. Almost like they wanted us to lose. Most fans have not given him a chance since day 1. While coaching he’s also had to deal with NCAA and all the compliance crap. He also had to use coaches that he didn’t hire. He’s been competing with less scholarships than everyone else in the conference. Now, due to all the negativity from the fan base, he’s having a hard time recruiting players and recruiting a decent OC.

Reactions: horn65
We have a pathetic Chancellor, AD HC etc. Mississippi Made makes me puke. It's insulting to think we ever bot that crap.

S0pOjhC.gif

Reactions: Rebel46
I don’t have anything against Luke because his entire family chose to play at Ole Miss. I do not support Bjork and he should be fired for hiring Luke. All Luke did was take the job he put in for. Bjork knew he wasn’t the splash hire needed that would generate excitement among the fan base and he didn’t have the ability to turn the program around due to lack of experience. Ross should have let Luke go get the experience and knowledge needed to be a quality head coach before hiring him for what Luke says is his dream job. It wasn’t the right time and unfortunately Bjork hurt Luke far more than he helped him. It will only get worse until there is major change from the top down.

We have a pathetic Chancellor, AD HC etc. Mississippi Made makes me puke. It's insulting to think we ever bot that crap.
Perfectly stated. Our organizational fear is masked with misguided audacity. We are small time and continue the decades of letting a minority establishment holding the University hostage. But, until we organize, boycott, raise funds and match or buyout the establishment, this shit will never end.
Meanwhile the school we hate has GIVEN my kids more in scholarship $$ than my precious UM degree earned me my first four years out of school.
What idiot believes any of this staff and administration makes sense?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT