ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Quick Saturday update

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
There are some strong rumblings out of Boca that Dusty May and FAU are way down the road on a contract extension that would make it more difficult for him to leave for Ole Miss (or wherever). Heard that from multiple people yesterday, for what that's worth. I do believe Ole Miss is doing its due diligence on Chris Beard right now. As we've said, that's incredibly complicated, on multiple fronts. Beard is interested in the Ole Miss job, among others. I'm not sure how much due diligence Ole Miss is or is not doing on Will Wade at this point. I just don't have that information. Wade wants the job. Full stop. He really, really wants it. It should be noted he won't know his NCAA fate until May or June, but the IARP, to this point, hasn't hammered anyone. Most in the coaching world believe Wade won't receive a show cause or, if he does, it will essentially be "time served." Wade believes he could take Ole Miss to the NCAA Tournament next year.

I'm leaving for Tupelo in a bit. My son has club soccer games at 11 and 5. I'm going to the first game and then getting him lunch (if anyone has Tupelo lunch suggestions where we could watch some hoops, feel free to pass along; both of us want to watch Arkansas-Alabama to see three lottery picks on the floor at the same time) and back to the park for the second game. Then I'll get back and go to the LSU-Ole Miss game tonight and write more at that point.

That's all I've got. Have a lovely Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News