ADVERTISEMENT

Rather than reaching down

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
to the leftovers of this class to fill our needs, would it not be better to take from the portal (and I know most are there because they're not playing) and not be saddled with a kid for 4-5 years who is going to be practice squad material? The tsf's will be gone in a year or 2 and reopen a spot for some of the better talent that we've had time to recruit. This staff should be able to recruit big given the time to do so.

well are you going to keep it a secret oh Mighty One?
Patrick Willis 3 star
Johnny Manziel 3 star
Marcus Marriota 3 star
Calvin Prior 3 star
Justin Gilbert 3 star
Eric Ebron 3 star
Ka'Deem Carey 3 star
Conner Shaw 3 star
Aaron Donald 3 star
Le"veon Bell 2 star
David Johnson 2 star
Antonio Brown Unranked
Jordy Nelson 2 star
Russel Wilson 2 star
J.J. Watt 2 star
Khalil Mack 2 star

And the list goes on. You are putting too much emphasis on what some pencil jockey in front of a computer is ranking a kid that he may have never met in his life. Clowney that we just signed was a top 50 recruit when he was committed to LSU but he's just a top 200 now that he's signed with us. Did his physical ability or football knowledge change because he switched his commitment? How about you let the coaches go out and get players they believe can play and help us win in their system instead of thinking just because a kid has a certain number of stars assigned to him that he isn't any good.

Obviously the coaches know more than I do but prob not you. You list a dozen out hundreds who achieved above their ranking. "They all look great at closing time" is a dangerous practice in so many ways. Hope we're not doing so much of that.

Of course, but you know we just enrolled 2. My point is that most of the beauty queens are taken. Many many many of these kids avail are either "on hold" because there's possible bigger fish about to take their scholarship or they are bigger projects. I admit, I'm not qualified to grade but I do see reality.

85103297_10101398461918594_494440977327456256_o.jpg

So these guys were all available 48 hours before signing day? WOW! Gimme some o' dat!

Well we fielded about 20 after culling 80 or so to try it this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT