ADVERTISEMENT

RE: The Houston Astros ~ THE F you BOMB edition

VINHENSEL

4-Year Starter
Jun 21, 2017
Full disclosure, not that it's needed.

I've been to many Astros games (even back in the Dome days) and am a life long fan. I was at Game 5 of the 2017 WS. Why? Because I'm ****ing VINHENSEL, money was not an object to get the tickets. I watched the greatest baseball game of my life and nothing will ever take that away. No stupid camera BS cheating Scandal will take that away. No but hurt Dodger will take that away. And certainly no crying Yankees Fan will take that away! BTW..The Yankees got Cole. He knew what was up. Why aren't they going after him.... what a bunch of ****ing hypocrites, speaking of teams that also cheat all the time!!!

But! So many of you assholes seem to forget (@Neal McCready included and a shame since his brothers live there) the city of Houston was completely flooded in the late summer of 2017 with Hurricane Harvey. Over 200,000 homes were damaged or destroyed. Businesses shuttered forever. That World Series win helped save the city and forever changed millions of lives! All this talk about how players we're sent back to the minors.... lost jobs, etc. They can go **** themselves too!!! They didn't lose their house. They didn't have to relocate to another city in a winnebago because their home wasn't covered with flood insurance!!! They are professional athletes. If they made it to the MLB, they made more money a year, than 95% of rebel grove membership.

Lastly the Houston Astros are not the first nor will the be the last to steal signals and relay them in real time. @Neal McCready since you're a history buff...allow me to educate you on a little history lesson. Maybe I'll start a podcast soon!

The 1959 and 1960 Cleveland Indians ran the first documented system to steal signs and relay them in real time. Chuck Tanner, who had been an outfielder with the team at the time, and was the manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates when he told Pittsburgh Press about it in 1979:

“'A guy sat in centerfield and looked through a telescope,’ Tanner said. ‘He had a buzzer that would ring once for fastball, twice for a curve, and three times for a pitchout.’ The buzzer sounded in a restroom adjacent to the Indian dugout. The messenger inside would bang the message on the door, a coach in the dugout would relay it to the hitter. The system worked until the Indians made a trade. They were afraid the traded player would turn them in.”

Why’d Tanner go public with the scheme two decades later? The guy sitting in centerfield had been a scout named Bob Kennedy, he said. In 1979, when Tanner told the papers about the plot, Kennedy was the general manager of the Chicago Cubs—leaving Tanner “naturally suspicious when he takes his team to Wrigley Field.”

Let's just all take a moment to let this sink in.... sorry @Neal McCready #notsorry
51AJwv1k3oL._SY445_.jpg

Here's the CHEATER!!!
Cubs Manager (1963-65), Bob Kennedy is the first in the history of MLB to be documented and accused of sign stealing and relaying said stolen signs in real time!!!

In the 1960s, the Cubs were just as bad as Houston, maybe even worse and everyone knew it in the MLB, @ranchreb knew it too. Pirates Catcher, Ed Ott was quoted after a game in Wrigley "we changed signals every inning,” It's "getting ridiculous.” Too bad Mark Grace didn't play for the Cubs in the early 1960s... would have been cool to see him with a .450 batting average!

So what's the difference between cheating with a camera in real time and having someone with a telescope cheat in real time??? I'll let @Neal McCready and the rest of the butt-hurt MLB answer that one.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News