ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding the postgame show question in the mailbag…

jamgillza

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2017
I think it’s nearly perfect. My only suggestion for improvement is to give Tyler a little more time to give his analysis. Keep up the good work, thanks!

From SaltilloReb2: Always enjoyed the fan reactions on the post game shows. Why are you guys no longer taking calls on the postgame show?​

Chase hosts the postgame show, as I'm at the game and writing, so you'd be better asking him, but I was involved in the decision-making process. Simply put, most didn't like all of the calls and the drunkenness and silliness. Most wanted analysis and reporting after games. So Chase gets Jeffrey and Tyler on to analyze and discuss the game. Once I'm finished with most of my RebelGrove.com responsibilities, I jump on the show and update what Kiffin and players said afterwards. By that point, the show is two hours long.
As for calls, after night games, it's too late. Ole Miss plays at 6:30 Saturday. The game won't end until 10. The show will likely go to midnight. I can't speak for Chase, but I damn sure don't want to be taking calls from drunk people at midnight.
We discovered that most liked it when we did a football-centric postgame show with guests and then loaded the audio into podcast form fairly quickly as opposed to taking a lot of calls that frustrated people wanting to hear football.
One thing I've learned that holds true: You cannot make everyone happy. It's impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.