ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched Kentucky and UGA after work Tuesday

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
There are people here who know more football than I do, so feel free to disagree and tell me why.

Just a few scattered thoughts and things I noticed.

Georgia seemed more than happy to play UKs style of game. It felt like Kirby was thinking, I have more athletes so we’ll play conservative and not make mistakes until they inevitably give us the game.

Georgia looked off offensively. Beck was inaccurate down the field. Georgia doesn’t look to have legit game breakers outside.

Kentucky is large up front. Walker is a massive human being. Doesn’t look to be a penetrator or twitchy like Nolen, but does take up space in the middle and will be a real problem in the run game. He plays high. I expect us to try to get them moving side to side early.

Kentucky’s back end looks long. I think one of their corners is a possible NFL player. Can’t remember his name.

I had seen them play but hadn’t watched them closely. Without paying close attention, I just assumed BV wasn’t very good. I think I was wrong. I think he’s solid. He’s just inexperienced and playing behind an OL that struggles to protect him. He has a big arm and is pretty accurate with the football. He looked to throw pretty well when they get him on the move. If they can improve their OL, I’d bet he turns out to be a really solid QB.

Mark is really patient and determined in the run game. Georgia wasn’t explosive enough to force them away from this. Mark stuck with it all afternoon and they have a couple backs who are pretty solid. They’re hoping/expecting to get Traynum (sp?) back for our game. He’s been out since camp. He was Ohio States second leading rusher last season. I’m very curious to see how aggressive Pete is on first down. Does he bring run pressures and try to get them behind the sticks, or does he sit in two high, play conservatively, and trust our front to handle Kentucky’s run game? This is the part of this game I’m most excited to see.

How aggressive is Lane going to be? I assume he’ll get after them early, but I’m just guessing/hoping. I think we could score early, get a couple stops, and try to get this thing sideways fairly quickly. Maybe he takes a more conservative approach having this new front and leans on the defense? I don’t know.

Really looking forward to seeing our DBs against a couple really solid WRs for Kentucky. Looking forward to watching TJ and Paul against this running game. So many questions I’m hoping to answer with this matchup. I’m as excited as I can remember for a conference opener.

Feel free to add your thoughts. Happy to be wrong and learn.

Side note: spoke to JJ yesterday. He has a sprained AC joint and will get treatment for the rest of the season. Says he’ll be fine to play. He’s a really cool kid and represents 38 extremely well. Kid is easy to pull for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.