ADVERTISEMENT

Road to Omaha

I love how so many are worried about this regional. Here's the thing, if we are good enough to play in Omaha this year then we won't have trouble with these teams. None of these teams are as good as teams we have played and beat. Yes our first team has an ace, hell he isn't better than Auburns ace who we shelled and is predicted to be the first overall pick in the draft. TennTech can hit, but does anyone believe that Dillard wouldn't have more home runs than anyone on their team if he played their schedule? Does anyone think that our entire team would be batting .350 with half of them over .400 against their schedule? This whole we are worried about teams in OUR regional is the mentality that we need to get away from. These teams shouldn't be on the field with us and we need to prove that.

Im going out on a limb here and say WE ARE WEAK to TT. They own us. Beat me up!

Im going out on a limb here and say WE ARE WEAK to TT. They own us. Beat me up!
It's poor preparation. We let a closer throw 5 scoreless, we let a right fielder throw 6 scoreless. We walked to the plate swinging at everything that was thrown. That's coaching. Add in leaving pitchers in too long which Bianco is famous for and we got the same result as h18 other seasons lol

Their bats dominated any pitchers we had. We were lucky to beat them once. Their coach is rumoured to state if lsu doesn't get him first.

Their bats dominated any pitchers we had. We were lucky to beat them once. Their coach is rumoured to state if lsu doesn't get him first.
yeah cause 3-2 is thrashing at the plate. Again we let a right fielder shut us down for half a game.

I was one of the worried about this regional. Too much "we knew we were special" repetition and fate finds a way to derail that kind of talk. We should always at least make a regional if not host, but to host and not win is extra embarrassing. I'm pulling for TT not because they whupped us so much as they were having fun, clowning around and enjoying their time taking down the sec champs. We prob peaked in that tournament. "Wait'll next year"!!!!

I was one of the worried about this regional. Too much "we knew we were special" repetition and fate finds a way to derail that kind of talk. We should always at least make a regional if not host, but to host and not win is extra embarrassing. I'm pulling for TT not because they whupped us so much as they were having fun, clowning around and enjoying their time taking down the sec champs. We prob peaked in that tournament. "Wait'll next year"!!!!
The two teams we beat to win that tourny went home too. The bottom line is the team wasn't prepared. A lot of the pitching was on Bianco. He calls every pitch. If you have a pitcher struggling to throw strikes stop calling breaking balls or go get him. But no they just let him keep on getting blasted. The third base coach calls take or swing away. Why are we swinging at every first pitch we walk up to? The talent was there, the coaches made bad decisions in the second loss. There is no way that a right fielder who has thrown 17 innings should shut our team down for half a game.

I feel for your guys . Last year in Lubbock we hosted a regional and lost it at home. And we lost to a team that we should have beat. It seems that at least 2-3 regionals have upsets each year. Guns Up !

I think we won 11 by 1 run and lost 6 by 1 so we had ur share of good fortune. We bot into the hype of having the #1 class 2 years ago, raising our BA by 5-60 pts, and thinking that winning the sec was some kind of charm. Actuaries might say we were luck to win the sec, which is a fete btw. There's lot of great teams out there, we just met one who played greater against us. Charge onward!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT