ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Brown (and co’s) new venture The Next Round podcast

ChargerRebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2017
Cambridge, MA
I gave regular guest Ryan Brown’s new podcast a listen on my drive home from work yesterday and these are my thoughts.

The good:
The guys all have a great chemistry with one another having done this together for a long time. They play off each other well and can rag each other for things like you’re looking for in a show. It’s incredibly long so it can fill up huge chunks of a drive or a day if need be. The guys are pretty knowledgeable. Ryan Brown was great as usual (but I think he’s typically better in his guest spots for N&C than he was on that particular episode)

Could use some work:
The worst part for me was that they would do a singular ad read like every 2.5 minutes. It really made the podcast feel disjointed. It broke up the flow of discussions, made them lose track of topics, and made it feel like every segment was just them trying to talk their way into a segue for an ad. I found it annoying that one of the guys is actually called Rockstar. Due to the short segments cut up by ads it felt like in a multi hour show they didn’t get as deep into things as they could have and everything was very surface level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News