ADVERTISEMENT

SEC basketball road games

ncarr

Rookie
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2018
I know, I know, football starts in a week. But the SEC released their basketball schedule yesterday and I want to post the road games to hopefully get some wheels turning about Rebel basketball because we are going to be very good. Beard mentioned last year how he wants to see us start traveling on road trips and we have a pretty solid slate if you're within 4 hours of Oxford--we probably play an hour or 2 away from you.

Tickets for individual games aren't on sale yet but I want to challenge our MBB fans to make an away game just like they would football. In FB, you need 10k fans, in basketball just 1k fans would feel like a near takeover. We had a great turnout in Starkville last year, at least 800 or so spread out and I think we can do that again.

Here are the 9 road games:
Jan 7/8 @ Ark (may be tough to make with ticket prices and FB ongoing or just finished?)
Jan 14/15 @ Bama (midweek--if you're in Columbus, Meridian, Birmingham this is perfect)
Jan 18 @ MSU (nuff said)
Jan 25 @ Mizzou (perfect for Missouri Rebs who haven't seen the football team in a hot minute up there)
Feb 8 @ LSU (perfect for Coast/Jackson/NOLA Rebs)
Feb 11/12 @ USC (tough one but tickets will be cheaper midweek)
Feb 22 @ Vandy (this is one we could actually take over--1000s of Rebs in Nashville and tickets will be easy to get)
Feb 25/26 @ Auburn (Birmingham/Montgomery/ATL, cheaper tickets b/c midweek)
March 8 @ Florida (tough one, maybe some $$ for SEC/NCAA Tourney)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.