ADVERTISEMENT

Sinking ship

Blindside...ok good call...but of the three, why was only 1 school punished by the ncaa? Were the others even investigated? It happens daily, the ncaa simply decides whom they want to punish. Its no wonder teams cheat daily; sometimes it's a slap on the wrist, sometimes it severe (a la USC), and sometimes its nothing (UNC). NCAA shouldn't be judge, jury, and executioner. There should be some kind of checks and balances.

Blindside...ok good call...but of the three, why was only 1 school punished by the ncaa? Were the others even investigated? It happens daily, the ncaa simply decides whom they want to punish. Its no wonder teams cheat daily; sometimes it's a slap on the wrist, sometimes it severe (a la USC), and sometimes its nothing (UNC). NCAA shouldn't be judge, jury, and executioner. There should be some kind of checks and balances.

Bama had to suspend Scarborough for 4 games. Which proves this wasn't about simply going after Ole Miss without cause. If the NCAA thinks Miss State paid Lewis or any other player, I'm sure they'll investigate them too.

I know that some of you want to paint Ole Miss as the victim here, but you aren't. The NCAA didn't go after you cause they don't like you, they went after you cause you broke the rules.

Simple as that.

Why about all the other "benefits" Bama other players got? Why no investigations in Tuscaloosa? Don't be naïve, its happens every day, every where (especially at ALL the BIG boy programs). I never said we are the victim, I said the NCAA picks and chooses whom they target and whom they don't. Sure we broke rules, yes we deserve some form of punishment, but what about precedent? I noticed you didn't get into the NCAA being the judge, jury, and executioner part.

Why about all the other "benefits" Bama other players got? Why no investigations in Tuscaloosa? Don't be naïve, its happens every day, every where (especially at ALL the BIG boy programs). I never said we are the victim, I said the NCAA picks and chooses whom they target and whom they don't. Sure we broke rules, yes we deserve some form of punishment, but what about precedent? I noticed you didn't get into the NCAA being the judge, jury, and executioner part.

That's because they are. And if Ole Miss doesn't like it they can always leave the NCAA. As for Bama, they had to suspend Bo for 4 games, they had to fire their DL coach cause he violated NCAA rules. The difference is, Bama PROACTIVELY punished itself in both cases, then reported it to the NCAA, which is probably why the NCAA didn't add anything. Contrast that with how OM handled its violations.

For the record, I haven't seen anything that suggests that the NCAA targeted Ole Miss unfairly. If anything, they were easy on you, they only docked OM 13 scholarships when most estimates had it at double that amount.

So WE are none of yours ASSWIPE!!!! NOW GET THE **** OFF OUR BOARD!

Seems like letting Gohson transfer to an sec w div team without sitting a year was a kindness unappreciated. But one should expect that with assholes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT