ADVERTISEMENT

So been an interesting week for me...yes I will tell

littlejohn444

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2010
We went on our annual fishing trip to Lake Washington. Fishing wasn't all that good. The next full moon should be good though.

I left there on Friday to drive up to Oxford to meet my son Brannon and our friend 2126, who had set up a meeting with Maj. Caldwell with the Army ROTC. It was the first time I have driven through the delta like that. That far anyway. I went through all those little ole towns. Yep went through Cleveland. I'm surprised those folks know what telephones are. Not to be disrespectful but man that is just a different world, isn't it? Almost seems like a land stuck in time. Doesn't seem like there is anything new up that stretch of 61.

Well as most of you know by now we have been trying to figure out the best way for Brannon to achieve his goal of becoming a JAG officer. His dream was always to be a Marine. Well due to circumstances and attitudes of the Marine recruiting office he opened himself up to talking to the Army. As life does, things change. Maj Caldwell was awesome and was finally a person that had REAL information and could lay out a plan for us that fit what Brannon wants to do. I gotta give 2126, a retired Army guy, a lot of credit for helping us. After speaking to us for a full two hours and never once feeling hurried or anything Caldwell showed us around and then introduced us to some cadets. He also showed us some success stories of some Cadets. I am sorry to inform everyone but Walton, Judd or Wilkins will not be the starting running back for the Rebs this fall. Caldwell is convinced it will be Martin Johnson, yes the walk on. I gotta tell ya I was impressed with Mr Johnson but Caldwell came across like Hugh Freeze and in the end I felt much like with Freeze that Maj Caldwell will take care of my son. So hopefully in 4 years we will have a 2nd Lt Little going into law school at OM.

So, after driving back to lake washington then to jackson and then back to lake washington friday evening it was back to fishing. I was fishing on my boat by myself Saturday evening. The bite was really slow. So I was getting really boared and all. I thought I would try one of my hot spots. I pull up and get my pole out and let the trolling motor down. Well I throw my lil ole cork up there just perfect between two cypress trees. So due to the slow bite I wasn't prepared when my cork went down before the weight even settled. So I yanked back really harder than I should have. Well as I yanked and leaned back my seat didn't stop. I kept going and going. I help my rod high with my left and grabbed for anything with my right. I couldn't stop so a back flip I did right off the side of my boat into the water! So I grab the boat hold my rod up and yes I indeed did hook a fish. He was still on. So I reel the line tight and throw the rod in the boat and then swim to the back and climb back on board. Grab my rod and reel and start reeling in. As the limb came up my heart started to sink but as I started to unwrap my line from the limb something splashed. I hollered YES! That damn catfish was still on the line! And! And my sunglasses and my OM hat were still on my head. I caught that damn fish through it all. I found a way!

Iphone%20165_zpsk9t4wt9r.jpg

The folded seat pole

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News