Elon's Dave Blank
Furman's Mike Buddie
Texas' Chris Del Conte
Rice's Joe Karlgaard
Fresno's Steve Robertello
NEC's Benjamin Shove
USF's Scott Sidwell
SC's Ray Tanner (chair)

That list never really matters unless you're snubbed from an at-large berth, a host site or paired in some ridiculous regional. But if you'd like to bookmark it...

The NCAA Oversight Committee in April will rule on a proposal to allow baseball teams to play four games against other teams in the fall practice period. There would be a 400-mile travel limit. And, obviously, it wouldn't count against the 56-game schedule. I like the idea for fans and media, but I don't think it adds much for the programs honestly. Instrasquads work well.

There's a decent push to let the third assistant coach be paid like the other staff members and potentially let a fourth coach be the volunteer coach (has to be paid by camps and other revenue sources than school payroll).

Kendall Rogers reports that 75-80 percent of coaches are in favor of a dead period after conference tournaments and through the College World Series. I like this rule possibility. A lot.

Also, I missed this a couple days ago, but Joe Gray was named the top center fielder from the 2017 circuit season.

Outfield: Joe Gray Jr. (Hattiesburg HS, Hattiesburg, Miss.)
Gray has never been a burner in the 60-yard dash and ran a 6.75 at the 2017 PG National Showcase. But that number is very deceiving as his long legs, aided by quick jumps and mature routes to fly balls, give him outstanding range up both alleys in center field. But where Gray really separates himself from other outfielders defensively is with his combination of elite level arm strength and outstanding accuracy. Gray throws online missiles, and runners, especially those trying to advance from first to third on a single up the middle, best be very cautious as Gray will not hesitate to charge aggressively and show off his arm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.