ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Some stuff I'm hearing about the league...

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
I spent a good bit of today talking to people around baseball, for obvious reasons, just in case, and while all these things probably won't happen, there's a lot of potential movement with baseball coaches in the SEC.

There's the potential for change at Auburn, Vanderbilt, Texas and maybe Florida. I know AU and UF have done some advance work just in case. Things aren't going swimmingly with Butch and the admin on The Plains, and UF is almost certainly going to have some assistant turnover, but there's the chance O'Sullivan isn't there next year.

Someone in professional baseball today told me there's the chance to decent likelihood Texas moves on from David Pierce if UT doesn't have a really good postseason. The rumor, and I'll call it a rumor for now, is the Horns want to make a run at Jim Schlossnagle.

There are always Tim Corbin rumors, but I continue to hear from multiple people he's not one for the NIL era and may exit Vandy. The obvious candidates there would be Erik Bakich and Scott Brown, depending on what they want to spend.

Anyway, just a smattering of what I picked up from calls today about the SEC landscape. Seems a lot of folks are trying to make decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News