ADVERTISEMENT

Spoilers for The Walking Dead Tonight's Episode 6x14 - "Twice as Far"

Catfishboy

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Feb 23, 2002
Spoilers for TWD 6x14 - Twice as Far

Since the start of the second half of the season, and maybe even since they had arrived at Alexandria, Rick and his group have slowly but definitely changed. Before, hey had been hunted, they were the preys, only attacking to defense themselves, but that has changed.

Last week, "The Same Boat", and even before with "Not Tomorrow Yet", made it clear Rick and co are now the hunters. They are more aggressive, they had been victimized and they don't want that anymore, so they attack first. They haunt, they trap, they kill, and quite brutally. Maggie and Carol set a bunch of Saviors alive on fire, Rick, Glenn and Daryl stabbed several others Saviors in their sleep… That was brutal, probably necessary for their own survival but it marked a big change in their story. And mostly, it will make Negan’s response to their attacks more understandable and maybe even more brutal. I can’t wait to finally meet him, the real him, since all of them are calling themselves Negan apparently…

And about the Saviors, from the Hilltop community, and Daryl, Sasha and Abe’s first meeting with them, I really imagined the Saviors would be more badass, more terrifying and threatening.

They did catch Carol and Maggie but they ended up being all killed by those two badass women. So, I must confess I’ve been a bit disappointed with the Saviors, I thought they were going to be a more real and deadly threat. Well, "Twice As Far" will finally demonstrate that the Saviors can be very dangerous as one member of Rick’s group will die in an unexpected way because of them. didn't see that one coming !

And here’s a list of what else you can expect from "Twice As Far" :

- "Twice As Far" will focus mainly on two groups, as they will both go outside, looking for different supplies. One group will be more focused on the location itself and the other one on the things they can bring back. But being out there, with walkers and Saviors who can arrive at any time, is dangerous. Even more when there are tensions within the group.

- A character we haven’t seen in a while will be back.

- Someone won’t respect Eugene calling dibs on something.

- Morgan has been working a lot on his project, the cell. And Rick will find out about it.

- "Twice As Far" will depict a sense of routine, habits and normalcy inside Alexandria in a very unique and amazing way. One of the most well directed sequence of the show.

- Romance is definitely a theme explored in the second part of season 6. There will be a new couple inside the walls, a surprising one. And another couple will end things, with a note.

- Someone will give Daryl some driving advice. And he should listen to it. (well, I think, I don’t have a driving license)

- Someone will throw up on something that belongs to him/her. Disgusting.

- Carol will still be shaken up from last week events, smoking and carrying her rosary with her.

- Eugene will show how much he has changed since he first appeared. He’s still weaker than most of the others, but he’s making progress, he's trying. Of course, his main strength is still his brain. And he will have more than one brilliant idea in "Twice As Far".

- One character will make a surprising choice.

- It has been a while since we've not seen Alexandria and most of its residents. Many will be back this week, but some won't be seen. I can't believe I'm missing Carl.

- Two female characters who haven’t spent much time together will have that chance during "Twice As Far", just like last week with Maggie and Carol. I’m thrilled The Walking Dead is finally focusing on its women characters, they’re all so wonderful.

- A walker made me jump my seat literally (while I was watching at work) so be prepared (don't hold your beer/mug in your hand for too long)

- Someone will reveal to have a twin brother, and you’ll never guess what was his name.

- A character will discover a disgusting and tragic scene inside a locked room.

- Two characters will have an honest talk, and that could lead to some very mean comments.

"Twice As Far" will be another excellent episode of The Walking Dead. This season has been an amazing ride, I’m really enjoying the pace of the show. "Twice As Far" is another must see episode, proving one more time just how great and intense The Walking Dead is.

Quotes from the Episode:

1- "Why ?"
2- "You could have died right there"
3- "Okay is what we’re doing ?"
4- "You wanna live, you take chances"
5- "You’ve outlived your usefulness to me"
6- "What was that ?"
7- "Are you seriously that stupid ?"
8- "Keep telling yourself that"
9- "You should have killed him"
10- "Come inside"

Recap of Episode:
-Two different groups are going on supply runs this week. Eugene and Abraham are looking for a facility where they can make ammunition, which is smart thinking given the limited supply. In the zombie apocalypse, whoever has the most bullets has the power. Meanwhile, Denise, Rosita and Daryl are off looking for medicine. To be honest, I hate this. Showrunner Scott Gimple tried to cook up a little friendship between Denise and Daryl with the whole soda side mission a few weeks ago and it was possibly the worst exchange of dialogue in the show's history (which is saying something). Denise is "The Walking Dead's" version of Patrice from "How I Met Your Mother."

- Denise will kill a zombie in a car for a can of beer.

- We will learn more about Denise before she dies this episode. She had a brother named Dennis.

-She is speaking to Michonne and Daryl when she gets the arrow through the back of her head, through her right eye. She manages to say a few more words before she dies.

-Rick discovers that Morgan is building a jail cell. Morgan probably hopes to restore some civility to Alexandria's disciplinary system by locking people up instead of, you know, killing them. Will Rick see this as a useless half measure or will he think it's finally time to start building back up the old world? My gut says it's going to be the former.

-Carol and Tobin sneak another quick kiss. Dead Heads, what are we calling these guys: Cobin? Tarol? You know what, I'm going with Tarol. Long Live Tarol!

-We won't see Carl this episode.

-Dwight, who Daryl had an unpleasant run in with during the first half of season six, will be returning and sporting his signature look from the comics. For those of you that don't know, Dwight is Negan's right hand man but Negan burned one side of his face off for disobeying him. Apocalypse buddies, am I right you guys?

-Daryl gets his crossbow back.

-Unfortunately, Jesus is not in this episode. Fans were hoping we'd see more of his bad ass fighting this week.

- Eugene tries to grow some and wants to kill a zombie alone. There’s a zombie whose head is covered with melted metal and Eugene can't kill it, so Abraham does it instead.

- Eugene bites Dwight's crotch before our people manage to escape (OUCH)
(A little more info on the scene with the crotch bite. Dwight's gang catches Eugene off guard and there's no escape for him. While Abraham is hiding behind some barrels looking for a opportunity to strike, Eugene does his job in distracting Dwight before biting his crotch, leading to some action and their escape.)

- Something is brewing between Rosita and Spencer.

- Through voice narration, we learn from Carol that she is leaving Alexandria via a letter seemingly left for Daryl.

- The two characters that were said to have an argument in this episode is Eugene and Abraham.

- Eugene is hurt in bed at the end of this episode.

Q&A for Episode
Who are the two groups that are out looking for supplies?
Eugene and Abraham (Eugene looking for a place to make ammo)
Denise, Rosita and Daryl (Looking for medicine)

Does anyone in Team Family die this ep? If so, who and how?
Denise, crossbow through head

What is Rick's reaction to Morgan's jail cell? Do we find out what the cell is for?
Rick just asks what's it for. Morgan says it will give some choices next time.

Why is Carol on Tobin's porch?
It's a 1 second shot. She kisses Tobin quickly as he leaves. She appears to be just waiting for him

What's Carl up to this ep?
We don't see Carl this episode.

Will Dwight make an appearance and if so, is his face ironed?
Yes he does and his left side is burned

Does Daryl get his crossbow back? If so, how?
Yes, after a fight with Dwight and his group

Does the group run into any other Saviors besides Dwight?
Yes there is a group with Dwight

Is Jesus in this episode?
We don't see Jesus this episode.

Does anyone go missing by the end of the episode? If so, who?
No

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT