ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Parents: WTH?!?!?

ESPN3reb

SEC Champion
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2011
On my way to game with family but just finished my son’s soccer game. I help coach, he is playing u10 this year. It was a physical game throughout, yes some fouls were called but overall a good RECREATIONAL SOCCER GAME.
At one point in the game a parent from the other team had drifted over close to our side and was “coaching” his son on the field, it’s rec league so I didn’t care. He son and one of our boys had been physical most of the game and got tangled up and they each pushed each other, play continued. The dad asks his son if our player took a swing at him and the player said yes (no that did not happen). The dad says hey don’t worry about that I’ll handle that you just play tougher. I didn’t think anything of it at the time and the game went on. At the end of the game we are lining both teams up to shake hands. That same parent walks up to our player, points at him and says “I saw what you did and you better never do that again”. Oh I absolutely lost it, got up to him and said we are not doing this don’t talk to my player…we argued and he back away and we let the boys finish things up the right way.
But holy hell yall!!! What is wrong with parents that think walking up to a 9 year old and bowing up is the right path????
Sorry but I am still beyond pissed about this.
Go Rebs…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.