ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, Jan. 23 Recruiting Nuggets UPDATED 9:22 p.m.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
Don't post in this thread, please. We'll be updating throughout the day with stories, notebooks, nuggets, etc. Also, don't bring information from competing sites. It's not fair to us or them. Today is one of those days where you're going to win some and you're going to lose some. It's as simple as that. We're all calling the same people. With that said...

Players will begin doing their exit one-on-ones with Houston Nutt this morning. Actually several players _ Senquez Golson, Gerod Holliman, Andrew Johnson, Marcus Mayers, Donte Moncrief, Cody Prewitt, Chief Brown and Rashad Ross _ visited with Nutt Saturday night.

I don't believe A. Johnson or Holliman have truly committable offers right now from Ole Miss. The Rebels simply can't take everyone. Both Miami products are leaving early today; I've already reached out to talk to them. Ross has an invitation to be an invited walk-on. Sources weren't sure if he would accept it or not.

There is conflicting information regarding public commitments this morning, so we’re going to go conservative on our predictions. I think there’s a chance Uriah Grant and/or Tre Mason do something publicly, but I won’t be shocked at all if both wait a few days. Nutt is going to be in Florida on Friday to do an in-home with Mason; that might be the day the four-star running back pulls the trigger on a commitment. I simply don’t know. Hopefully, we’ll talk to Tre today. However, he stopped doing interviews more than a month ago.

Sources felt very good about Ole Miss’ chances with C.J. Johnson, Nick Brassell and Jermaine Whitehead late last night. In fact, they felt better about Johnson and Whitehead than they did Brassell. Brassell, I was told, spent a lot of time with tight end/Ole Miss commitment Jamal Mosley.

I’ll give credit where it’s due. Yancy Porter is reporting Whitehead will announce his decision on Thursday. Ole Miss and Mississippi State are the only candidates for his commitment. One Ole Miss source said he believed Johnson could do something publicly as early as today; however, the majority of our sources believe both Johnson and Brassell will wait until Feb. 2 to make their intentions public.
This post was edited on 1/23 11:09 AM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/23 11:27 AM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/23 11:53 AM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/23 12:49 PM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/23 2:02 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/23 2:35 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/23 2:42 PM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/23 4:02 PM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/23 4:27 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/23 9:22 PM by Neal McCready

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts