ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Sunday Kiffin PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Not a lot of difference from said after. Frustrated about going in to win and not getting it done, especially having lead at half and then miss the kick and have a flat third quarter. Defense did good things with good plan. Tennison and Perkins played well and that worked. The big plays were frustrating to watch. Receiver made an amazing play and then on the TD it went right over us. Kid played tough but we had a good plan. Two plays that we should have matched. Offensively it was third and fourth down and on third down we have to do a better job. That’s coaching on us. We have to do better. We lost on special teams. Lose that and offense in Tuscaloosa and you don’t win much. Moving on to LSU and a great QB and a team that’s physical and a team that looks different in warmups. They have elite 5-star talent and ability. It’s a big one. We have to be ready.

You guys don’t ask about play calling when we do well. We have a play caller and I interject when need be but I let guys do their job. I do that when it’s good or bad. That’s why guys stay. They get to call the plays. I interject. We do the stuff together during the week. Welcome to the profession. People want to get rid of play calller aferr a bad game.

I didn’t think Tre would play at all. He was recovering but he felt it and played a little bit. It was limited. Hopefully he’s normal role this week. Franklin did some good things. Veteran. Prieskorn did some things. They’ll get better.

I’m unhappy with offensive production more than unhappy with tempo. But we don’t get first downs enough. I don’t like the rhythm because we’re not running efficiently and then incompletions. Alabama played the perimeter well. We aren’t having 4-5-6 yard plays and it throws off the rhythm. It doesn’t look fast when you don’t make first downs. Because of receiver and depth issues, we aren’t going quite as fast and you’re seeing more substitutions since Tre went out against Tulane.

I’m the head coach so I’m to blame. I get concerned with social media and how players get attacked and them on phones all day long. The things on social media are the same as when they walk out of the stadium but they pay more attention when it’s on a phone. I worry about that and players taking hits when we lose. Easy to criticize. This is on me and I’m the head coach. That’s why I said that.

That’s the best Judkins has run this season. Last week he pushed through. I’m excited about that moving forward. I hope we get back to last year’s production. That’s a hard place to run consistently. The world isn’t over. The sun came up. We have a lot of work to do and it’ll make us better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News