ADVERTISEMENT

Talent In v. Talent Out.... So Far

FlyFishingRebel

Rookie
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Here's a breakdown of players that have graduated or transferred out, versus against incoming players that we've acquired via the portal or High School.

QB
Out: Kinkaid Dent & Luke Altmyer
In: Spencer Sanders & Walker Howard

RB
Out: Zach Evans, Kentrel Bullock & Isaiah Woullard
In: Kedrick Reescano

WR
Out: Jonathan Mingo, Malik Heath, Jaylon Robinson, Qua Davis & Bralon Brown (Assumed)
In: Tre Harris, Chris Marshall, Ayden Williams & Cayden Lee

TE
Out: Hudson Wolfe, Jonathan Hess & Casey Kelly (Assumed)
In: Caden Prierskorn & Jayvontay Conner

OL
Out: Nick Broeker, Jalen Cunningham, Mason Brooks, Luke Shouse, Erick Cade, Tobias Braun & Hamilton Hall
In: Quincy McGee, Victor Curne, Brycen Sanders, Ethan Fields & Mana Taimani

OFFENSIVE THOUGHTS: It seems that the overall talent level on that offensive side of the ball has improved in a big way, specifically at QB & TE. Both positions have new players who have produced and/or the potential to produce at the collegiate level. I think the work they've done at OL is underrated in getting two proven players in McGee & Curne and allowing a number of unproductive players to leave. Adding another High Schooler would be a good move. I like what they've done at WR as well, but think the fanbase is underrating the production we got from Mingo & Heath. I do like the athleticism of Harris, Marshall & Williams though. In my view, they still need to sign a RB (Dillon Johnson?) and a WR. That said, they've done a great job here.

DE
Out: Brandon Mack, Demon Clowney & Tavius Robinson
In: Jamarius Brown

DT/NT
Out: Isaiah Iton & KD Hill
In: Joshua Harris

LB
Out: Jaron Willis, Troy Brown & Austin Keys
In: Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste, Monty Montgomery, Suntarine Perkins & Skielar Mann

CB
Out: Derek Bermudez, Miles Battle, Kendrick Breedlove & Davison Igbinosun
In: John Saunders, DeShawn Gaddie (Assumed), Zamari Walton & Braxton Myers

S
Out: AJ Finely, Otis Reese, MJ Daniels, Dashaun Jerkins, Tysheem Johnson & Roman Rashada
In: Ahmad Brown & Daniel Demery

DEFENSIVE THOUGHTS: I don't think this side of the ball is "better" and it still has a long way to go to be mid-tier in the SEC. Particularly when you consider we're trying to improve what was an already very bad side of the ball. We are worse at DE and have yet to sign anyone who can replace Robinson's production and physicality. They actually need two players at that spot in my view. Trading KD Hill for Joshua Harris is an even swap. I like what they've done at LB, but still think we need one more player, assuming they move to the 3-4. If Gaddie makes it, I think we're OK at CB, but I hate losing Igbinosun's upside. If Gaddie doesn't make it, we need another body there. Yes, we have Safeties on the roster, but we have not gotten better at that spot either. AJ Finley is a big loss. We need at least one more on the back end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News