ADVERTISEMENT

TCU debacle

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
My major concern is running up against a team like TCU-perhaps Alabama or Auburn-where we were outclassed. Did Coach Freeze learn anything from that bowl game with TCU? That game scared me.

TCU had a great team last season, but they didn't play our best Ole Miss team with our top two receivers out along with Tunsil and several other O linemen. Bo Wallace, too, was banged up at season's end, again. We were able to beat Bama in part because we played them early in the season when we were healthy.

Had we played TCU early in the season the outcome might have been different. Injuries and lack of depth have had Ole Miss finishing the season on fumes the last two years. Hopefully we can end that trend this year.

Hence, the need for depth. Because we lost Treadwell and Tunsil should not mean we get obliterated. Same thing with that Arkansas game. This worries me-may happen again.

CHF really inherited very little. We had fewer scholarship players than a AA school. Nutt's classes were spotty. Sure, he had some great players (most of which were recruited by EO), but his classes were filled with so many gambles that by the time Freeze took over most of those players were booted or just didn't pan out. The '13 class was a break through class. Despite not finishing as high in the rankings the next to classes, He put together some quality depth that did not exist before he came. This will be the most complete OM team since the '60's. I think Kelly will step up and I expect to see some improvement from the O-Line.
Looking at last season I agree with the assessment that the score would have been much different had we played TCU toward the beginning of the season. The injury bug was out in full force last year. When you offense if that ineffective don't expect the defense to look good. I remember the 1993 Rebel team with a bone crushing defense (if not mistaken the D that year put no less than three QB's in the hospital that year), but the offense was only effective against the likes of Northern Illinois.

CHF really inherited very little. We had fewer scholarship players than a AA school. Nutt's classes were spotty. Sure, he had some great players (most of which were recruited by EO), but his classes were filled with so many gambles that by the time Freeze took over most of those players were booted or just didn't pan out. The '13 class was a break through class. Despite not finishing as high in the rankings the next to classes, He put together some quality depth that did not exist before he came. This will be the most complete OM team since the '60's. I think Kelly will step up and I expect to see some improvement from the O-Line.
Looking at last season I agree with the assessment that the score would have been much different had we played TCU toward the beginning of the season. The injury bug was out in full force last year. When you offense if that ineffective don't expect the defense to look good. I remember the 1993 Rebel team with a bone crushing defense (if not mistaken the D that year put no less than three QB's in the hospital that year), but the offense was only effective against the likes of Northern Illinois.
I am very high on this team. Coach Freeze is a quick learner, a winner in short time, and has a great defense and an underrated offense. I say 9-3, knowing that's precarious.

Yea we are going to be 10 and 2 and possibly 11 and 1 with good qb. Play . Our defense is going to be better than last year because we are going to have more depth

Reactions: Beatlesreb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT