ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Mathers

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry we couldn't open a hole for you. Good luck at mtsu and hope we don't face you!

Coaches never did trust his hands out of the backfield. I think the whole time he was at Ole Miss he wished he had gone to Vandy. His dad was never happy. Always thought he should be the #1 RB and he just wasn't as good as Scott or Walton. If we'd had a better O line he may have shown out more. I was expecting this. Next year he would have been behind Walton, Wilkens and Swinney.

He would have been brutalized at vandy. If he could find
a crease he could scoot and elude but no power around. Did you omit Judd on purpose?

appreciate what these guys tried to do for us, but

hopefully Freeze has figured out you don't win in the SEC with an entire stable of small running backs.

boys i am getting really agitated with freeze.( i know he will lose a lot of sleep over this fact) he is turning out to be a really slow learner. i wouldn't look to see much more of a running game next year than we had this year.

Saban does this every year. I hate losing kids. Specially kids that i liked and wanted to succeed. But maybe they are leaving because they did not doe what was needed of them to make this team better. We are not hurting at the rb position so even if our ol did block, we would have transfers because we have to many backs and not enough carries.

That is the ethical way to do it. Back before scholarships were so limited Bryant at Bama would recruit and sign kids he knew were not good enough to play for him, but they were good enough he did not want them to play against him. Some people worship the man. If you love him so much because he won games but ignore the way he did it then I question your character. He would blow sunshine up their butts and at the end of their four years they didn't even get mop up duty.

Vaught did the same thing, heck

all SEC schools, except maybe Vandy, did it back then. In the 1950's the freshman class would be about 90 recruits, but the senior class would be less than 10.

Tad Smith would go out and try to sign every high school quarterback/pitcher in every small town on the assumption that was the best athlete in town. Back then a huge OL was 200 to 220 pounds.

Yup that lyin' Buttcliff

Said he played for the Bear and thought with all those numbers no one would know, however the "towel boy" got found out.

he got one of those many LOI

but got hurt before he ever got to T town. He was given the assistant trainer position short of getting run off. Not Bryant's fault, Cut's fault for claiming to have "played" there...

No, Freeze has an agreement with Swinney. If he doesn't vixit any other schools we won't recruit any other RB's.

Mathers and Dodson left because they wanted to be the #1 RB on their team and get more carries to impress the NFL. They would have never done that at Ole Miss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT