ADVERTISEMENT

the archived posting page

FuzzyHuddleston

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2007
is tremendously fascinating. going back and reading the hits and misses of recruiting etc. kudos to neal, Jeffrey and chase for having that feature.

if you have not spent some time taking a trip down memory lane, it is well worth your time.

http://olemiss.forums.rivals.com/forums/archive-board.18/

for example...

I have talked to many people about the recruiting of the nation's top recruit, Robert Nkemdiche. On Thursday, rumors began to circulate that he could be on the verge of a commitment to Clemson, and that happened yesterday afternoon. Two of his Grayson HS teammates, including David Kamara, are committed to the Tigers. They're in it, obviously, and are now the clubhouse leaders. Know this: Alabama has felt very confident. So has LSU. Georgia's in it. Mississippi State is on the fringe. Ole Miss is in the mix and will be to the end due to the presence of Rebel defender Denzel Nkemdiche. It's just June, but Clemson was able to get the public commitment.

With Nkemdiche, it is going to come down to who's the decision-maker. Is it the prospect himself, his coach, his parents, his friends, his brother or some combination thereof. As of today, however, it appears Clemson (Again, obviously), Alabama and LSU lead the Rebels. Ole Miss must look promising on the field this fall, in my opinion, to have a real shot. Nkemdiche, I'm told, plans to be in Oxford for the Rebels' opener against Central Arkansas.

As you know by now, Kailo Moore committed to Mississippi State this week. It was a shock to Ole Miss, as Moore had been telling Ole Miss he was Oxford-bound. It's June; it's far from over, but to disregard the commitment is foolish.

There are rumblings Batesville's Antonio Conner could be committing to the Bulldogs soon as well. I'd be a bit surprised (a commitment to Alabama would be far less surprising to me), but the Nick Brassell situation appears to have _ unfairly _ hurt Ole Miss at South Panola. Again, there's time to make amends and repair damage, but opposing schools are telling the South Panola prospects what happened with Brassell at Ole Miss wouldn't have happened in their programs. Freeze and Co. will have to overcome that to land Conner's services. (As an aside, multiple Ole Miss sources indicated they never were blown away by recent Miss. State commitment Deon Mix, and Mix didn't blow anyone away at the recent NIKE camp in Memphis either).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News