ADVERTISEMENT

The Braves are World Series Bound

FreshwaterFanClub

SEC Player of the Year
Nov 25, 2020
I began my fandom in the early 2000s at the tail end of the Big 3’s careers. I only heard stories of how dominant the 90s Braves were. All of those seasons of choking in the playoffs and seeing every team in the division win the World Series with the exception of the Mets who went twice in the 2000s.

That being said, last season left such a sour taste in our mouths because we were 10 outs away from reaching the World Series but choked it away and squandered a 3-1 series lead. The thought was we didn’t know if we’d get another chance to get this close again.

Then after Soroka was thought to return this season, he had a setback. Then the issues with Ozuna arose. Then arguably the MVP front runner, Ronald Acuña was lost for the season.

Even though they battled injuries to begin the season, The starting rotation took a massive step forward from last season. And AA made some major trades to bolster the outfield by bringing back Duvall and adding Rosario, Soler and Pederson. The Braves were quite a few games behind the Mets and the Phillies were also heating up with Bryce Harper and they were able to turn the season around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News