ADVERTISEMENT

The Future of the Grove Collective

LukeHill.10

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2022
I’m highly optimistic about the way The Grove Collective will affect Ole Miss sports in the future. I am not so optimistic on how quick that will happen. Big changes within the infrastructure and operation of TGC are needed in order to increase promotion. Here are some of my thoughts:

Media:
We have a world class media team that makes videos that look like they were directed by Tarantino. Let’s put out well-produced hype videos from the team and university. Use Lane Kiffin, the Mannings, Morgan Freeman, or anyone significant that potential members would be swayed by. Something to post on Twitter and show on the Jumbotron that will actually make people want to join. Flood social media with it.

Incentives:
Right now the only benefits someone gets by giving $250 per year is a newsletter, which is practically nothing. You have to sign up to give $500 per year just to get a damn thank you note. Sure, there’s other perks on the higher levels, but not everyone can afford to give that much. Create some type of basic, but meaningful Gameday-enhancing perk for being a member. A private tent in the Grove? One free beer in the stadium? Even buttons would be nice. Reward members. Make it meaningful in some shape or form.

Students:
There has to be something we can do to get students involved. Set up campaigns around campus during the school week. Offer discounted or just cheaper packages. The students are overlooking how impactful TGC can be. I’m a sophomore at Ole Miss currently and was one of the first 500 people to sign up. I bought a hoodie and wear it as often as I can wash it, and I know some of the athletes wear gear when they can. Aside from that, it’s nonexistent in the student body. Students won’t be able to give a lot, sure, but there’s too many of them to not be advertising to. I know a lot of people here, but only know TWO that are members, one of which has a parent on the board.

There’s probably plenty of more stuff that can change. This is just off the top of my head. Feel free to add more ideas and tag whoever needs to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News