ADVERTISEMENT

The Pavilion @ Ole Miss is a game changer....

4thqtrReb

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Sep 9, 2003
Atlanta GA
All of these coaching discussions about Kennedy are worthless right now. The money being sunk into the new arena is a game changer. Everything previous will be irrelevant.

The University is not sinking $100,000,000 into this new arena to continue the staus quo. Kennedy is likely to get his shot at raising the bar and he probably deserves it. I hate watching his teams play, but he's won quite a few games in an era when our arena is relatively more of a negative than it was for previous coaches. He's getting his wish for a new building and this project is likely the biggest project in the history of The University.

If you think The University is investing this kind of jack to stay on the same path, carry on Alice, you are in wonderland. The only thing that could make that happen is for Pete Boone / Bob Khayat to come back as co-ADs.... Which they were. And here is a news flash, they are NOT coming back.

In any case, if you want an example ... Two Words ... Auburn , Pearl. The same thing happened there. I don't care that Aubie is still playing in the tournament and has won three games to get there this week (Although it's very interesting). I just know what Pearl can do and Auburn was smart to go after him.

I am not sure what Kennedy can do with the new facility, but it worries me that the job is wearing on him and those are his words, not mine.
To that end, I hope Kennedy is our Bruce Pearl, but if he's not, he's gonna get moved out of the way.

That stake went in the ground when the financing for the arena was finalized.

4thqtr

This post was edited on 3/14 8:00 AM by 4thqtrReb

This post was edited on 3/14 8:02 AM by 4thqtrReb

This post was edited on 3/14 9:40 AM by 4thqtrReb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News