ADVERTISEMENT

The truth about Bentley

ColonelPebble

Rookie
Silver Member
Mar 1, 2024
I have gone back and forth on deciding whether to post this or not but I think it’s such an egregious example of coaching malpractice that it needs to be told. Also, all of us are paying for this, so it’s fair game. I’m not sure if anyone has come on here and shared what I’m about to say so if they have I apologize and just move along.

Kevin Smith told Ulysses this offseason that he wanted him to gain some weight to become a power back. Ulysses listened to his position coach and put on the weight. Lane got upset with this and took it out on Bentley instead of getting angry with Smith for telling him that. Ulysses, obviously frustrated that his coaches weren’t on the same page and he’s getting shit for it, pushed back at lane and shared his frustration about the situation with lane privately. This upset lane even further and he told Ulysses to lose the weight or else he’d never play in anything other than mop up time. Ulysses finally gave in and was back to his 2023 shape around the time we were playing the cupcakes. Lane, being petty, still wouldn’t play him even though he did what he was told because Ulysses had the guts to stand up to lane and voice his frustration. Finally after running Parrish and Jones into the ground, lane had no choice and we all saw the contrast last Saturday night.

I saw where some of you in a thread last night wanted the “full story” and this is 100% it. This all seems absurd and petty and I understand that, but I’ve had multiple people in the building tell me this story and the details all match up. I’m not coming here because I want attention or anything. I’m coming here because we’re paying for this shit and we all deserve to know what’s actually happening similar to a shareholder of a company. Hopefully lane gets over this ridiculous and petty beef and plays him. We probably lost the Kentucky game due to this. It’s just such a stupid way to destroy this dream season we were all anticipating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.