ADVERTISEMENT

This was coming at some point.

dixiereb26

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
This train was always coming at some point. Now that there has been a large enough sample size with the new age of college football, I think we can safely say solely relying on the transfer portal doesn't work. That has been proven time and time again by numerous other programs. Kiffin has found success in the past with it but you aren't always going to be so lucky when you go so portal heavy. He largely missed on this year's transfer class. There have been only 3 guys that have met expectations. (Nolan, Princely, and Paul). The rest of the transfer class has largely sucked. You still have to rely on building a solid foundation through high school recruiting. Kiffin has shown to this point, he can't do that. Go back and look at his past recruiting classes since he took over. The list of stars that we have developed is strikingly short. Hell, just even look for solid contributors. Those lists are even shorter than I personally expected before I went back and checked. This current team is very undisciplined as evidenced by the frequency of which we commit penalties which is likely a byproduct of relying on a bunch of mercenaries through the transfer portal as a foundation. Bottom line is you can't expect to bring in 15-20 guys through the transfer portal year after year and expect it to work routinely. Unless, Kiffin can show an ability to sign and develop high level high school players, this likely isn't going to get much better moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.