ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the likelihood of a NCAA bid...

independencebowlmainstay

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2006
I know that 13 seems to be the magical number from an SEC wins standpoint. I could certainly be wrong, but Im not sure 12 doesn't get you in(along with a win against USM this week). Just based on metrics, here's a few things where Ole Miss stands out, using Warren Nolan RPI(Ole Miss is currently 22 there):

Ole Miss has 12 Q1 wins. Only two teams in the country have more(5 others have 12, as well). If they go 2-2 this week, they will have 14. Most likely on 2, or at most 3 teams would have as many Q1 wins.

After this week, Ole Miss will have played 33 of their 56 games this season against Q1 teams. That's an absurd number.

Ole Miss has the current #2 SOS in the country. They need Iowa and Hawaii to keep winning, but those teams could move up a quad and help, too.

They have series wins over TAMU and MS State, who are both regional hosts at this point. They also have a series win over USCe. If they get two this weekend, they also have a road series win @ LSU. There's not team anywhere near the bubble with those series wins.

Last, the closest team to them in the RPI that could even be considered bubbly is 33 LSU. So assuming Ole Miss goes worse than 2-2 this week, their RPI is very unlikely to drop. Go 3-1 and you move into the teens.

I just don't see a way they are even bubbly with 3 wins, and I would argue 2 has a solid chance of getting them in.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News