ADVERTISEMENT

Tipping…..out of control

TOMNOLENREB

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2001
Brentwood, TN
I know there was a thread on this some time back, but recent travel has me on a bender. I consider myself a good tipper, but service industries used COVID to try and completely flip expectations. Folks felt bad during COVID and started tipping 20% on carry out and the restaurants changed systems to make that the norm. Self service kiosks with 20% default where you have to catch it and punch two selections to back off that are crap. Counter serve restaurants doing the same thing. In NYC and caught two bills last night that already had a 20% service fee on them with a line for a tip. WTF. One of those 20% automatic was horrific service in a relatively empty place. I am all for tipping servers well - 20% for half ass service and up from there - but when you have it already on the line it chaps my ass and you damn sure aren’t getting more.

I decided last night that I am done playing the tip game at counter serve and self serve places, business owners should be paying their employees what is needed in those situations and have it in the price.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News