ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Transfer Portal Thread

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
As per request, you can discuss your baseball portal thoughts and prospect wants here.

As I mentioned last night, Mercer outfielder Treyson Hughes is expected in town today. He's a high priority for Ole Miss, and Tennessee is on him hard, as well.

BYU infielder Ozzie Pratt -- Cooper's brother -- is in the portal after a solid season with the Cougars where he hit .305 with close to a 1.000 OPS and a .959 fielding percentage. I had a couple national people ask me about an Ole Miss connection here, which would be logical, but I haven't heard that. I'll check around, but there's no indication so far that it's a high priority for him and Cooper to play together.

I sat down with Mike yesterday and got stuff for a good bit of content that I'm starting to work on today, but during the conversation, he said this about the transfer portal.

"There's two boxes we have to fill position player wise and then we have to get at least three hitters and it really doesn't matter what position. Two positions we have to have, and then we need pitchers."

I get why he was vague because of returning players and draft guys and all that, but I assume he's talking about shortstop and centerfield for the two positions. Then just dudes that can play in the SEC. So, it's not new news. We all could have guessed this accurately, but it's noteworthy he acknowledged the shopping list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News