RECRUITING: Tuesday, Feb. 4 Chiks, presented by Oxford Krystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
It's National Signing Day Eve. Late tonight, Recruiting Claus will load up his sleigh with lots of bags for all the good 'croots. Or something like that.

Recruits can begin signing at 8 a.m. local time (maybe it's 7; hell, I don't know) tomorrow. I'm not sure what I expect today. Frankly, not much. If a kid has gone this long without making an announcement, he's probably waiting to do the hat thingy, or some variation thereof, tomorrow. My pal, Zach Berry, and I will bring you what we hear or whatnot throughout the day today on this here website.

Here's yesterday's thread, in case you missed it or need to catch up:

https://olemiss.forums.rivals.com/threads/monday-feb-3-chiks-presented-by-oxford-krystal.233931/

Speaking of Mr. Berry, we talked 'crootin for almost an hour yesterday, thanks to the sponsorship of Dead Soxy. Here's a link to that podcast, which is also available on iTunes and Podbean and maybe some other places:

https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/the-soft-verbal-podcast-presented-by-dead-soxy-home-stretch

One prospect who will not sign (at least I don't think he will) tomorrow is Leonard Manuel. Sources believe if Ole Miss wants Manuel, it can get him. The same sources are very skeptical about Manuel's chances academically.

I can confirm that the only coaches that met with Zachary Evans in Nashville were Ole Miss running backs coach Kevin Smith and head coach Lane Kiffin. Tennessee coaches did not take a meeting. LSU is out. I believe Texas A&M is out as well. Georgia is out. Tennessee and Ole Miss are the only known options out there right now, though I believe there is at least some mutual interest from Florida. As I reported last night, there are coaches (not Ole Miss coaches) who believe Evans will sign financial aid agreements (with both the SEC and the institution of his choice) tomorrow. Others (self included, I think) don't believe he'll do that.

More as we get it. Happy Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News