ADVERTISEMENT

Update on The Grove Collective

CubbieReb

Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2018
First off let me disclose I am not officially affiliated with the Grove Collective management in any way, but I am speaking with knowledge and here’s a few bullet points I can share.

1. I know @WL3 has been down with the flu and hasn’t felt up to working the message boards this week.
  2. GC discovered a glitch in its email system that has been sending every inquiry email to one box that gets 1000s a day making it impossible to catch every email someone sends inquiring about sponsorship. GC is moving to a new software platform for its website which will segregate the inquiry emails, but for now send your inquiry emails to william@thegrovecollective.com and he will route them appropriately.
  3. NIL is so new that the typical commercial website platforms, like wordpress, don’t have some features that NIL programs need. That’s why GC is moving to a new platform that is built for NIL programs, and this should solve a lot of joining/payment issues. The transition to the new platform is in progress.
  4. On corporate sponsors, GC has multiple corporate sponsorship contracts out and is waiting on them to be signed and returned. I understand that the value of these will be significant.
  5. All of us, myself included, are wondering why Keith and others at university haven’t put together a video and blasted it out. I’m told there’s still some heartburn on doing that with both NCAA guidelines and state law. I know GC has been asking for that level of university support for months but all universities have been wary of going too fast because of the changing NIL landscape.
  6. Our war chest is growing, substantially. Would they like for it to grow faster? Yes. But for perspective we will enter signing day and portal windows with exponentially more money than we had last year and that’s taking into consideration most of the guys currently under contracts which need to be raised.
  7. Let’s get to 5k members before Egg Bowl kickoff then get another big wave with a win and the portal/coaching carousel kicking off. I cannot stress how important this is. This is a major factor, and may be the most important factor based on what I’m hearing, on keeping Kiffin.

Again I’m not officially affiliated in any way with GC management but it sounds like things are better than a lot of us see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News