ADVERTISEMENT

We are now into July, Ole Miss' recruiting class is the worst in the West

You couldn't afford him so it doesn't matter.

How would you know, unless you and turd broker are one and same? You're busted, jagoff.

tumblr_lfartwZpef1qcqqpjo1_500.gif

We'll finish in the top 10. We have two 5 stars that will be coming in. I think the investigation is keeping some recruits at bay till it settles out. A bowl ban could have an impact. How we fare during the season will have the biggest impact. Nervous? I never thought I'd see Alabama fans scared of Ole Miss but that is just what is happening.

Ranch, is one of those projected 5* Cam Akers? LSU is recruiting him pretty heavily. Just curious. If LSU does well all over and also beats Ole Miss and MSU and Fournette leaves for the NFL, which is almost a certainty, he would be one year away from starting for a team who would rather run the ball than eat. Guice will also probably leave after 3 years. At least that is what I understand they are telling Akers. It is no where clear that Akers is coming to LSU but LSU is really after him.

Other than your post this is one of the dumbest threads I have ever read.

By the way how are you getting on? I think you told me you don't get over to East TX anymore. I hardly ever get more than 5 or 10 miles from my house anymore because of my wife's health anymore. I haven' been to a football game live in about five years. Enjoy it while you can.

So far Ole Miss hasn't won or accomplished anything under Freeze, so until that changes, no one is nervous.
We're better than ever, Blindside. Better football, better play calls, and it's a more exciting brand of football! Esp. compared to the 70s and 80s. And, yes, we beat Alabama twice in 2 seasons. Freeze has taken us to a bowl each season he has coached. You like my objectivity-I expect you to show some objectivity too.

We're better than ever, Blindside. Better football, better play calls, and it's a more exciting brand of football! Esp. compared to the 70s and 80s. And, yes, we beat Alabama twice in 2 seasons. Freeze has taken us to a bowl each season he has coached. You like my objectivity-I expect you to show some objectivity too.

I noticed you didn't mention anything about your W/L record or titles won under Freeze. Which is my point. Most of you OM fans here run down Miss State as a program and claim yours is far better, but Freeze has the same number of wins over the last 4 seasons as Miss State does.

Again, where is the turnaround? The reality is, until Ole Miss wins something more significant than the Egg Bowl, no one outside of the state of Mississippi will care.

4665974.jpg

I noticed you didn't mention anything about your W/L record or titles won under Freeze. Which is my point. Most of you OM fans here run down Miss State as a program and claim yours is far better, but Freeze has the same number of wins over the last 4 seasons as Miss State does.

Again, where is the turnaround? The reality is, until Ole Miss wins something more significant than the Egg Bowl, no one outside of the state of Mississippi will care.

4665974.jpg
Not referring to MSU at all. I'm comparing to how we looked in past decades. Coach Freeze has brought in a more versatile and exciting brand of football. Hell, I remember when the most exciting player was our punter! Now we're something to recogn with. I like the direction we are going. MSU? They're better, too. Surprised of their relatively weak recruiting class, but they seem to do well regardless. And we have won something more than the Egg Bowl-it's called the Sugar and Cotton Bowls.

and 11th in the SEC.

Still think the NCAA investigation isn't having an impact?
The only impact that's relevant to you is a win for Bama. If your a MooU fan there's no hope. There may not be a National Championship yet but the tears that flowed in Bama was as close as it comes. Especially hearing Saban cry about calls. That girls basketball coach has him in a uproar

and 11th in the SEC.

Still think the NCAA investigation isn't having an impact?
You answered that yourself. It is JULY. Practice hasn't even started yet. Many top flight recruits have yet to decide/declare where they want to commit. The impact of the investigation by all REASONABLE accounts will not be anything major, unlike what you unlettered mud slingers who have infested this site for the past few months want to claim, and probably won't have more than a minor effect on our recruiting. Revisit that statement in January ~ if you have the intestinal fortitude to do so. To make something of recruiting ranks rankings in July is just elementary school playground type stuff.

Ranch, is one of those projected 5* Cam Akers? LSU is recruiting him pretty heavily. Just curious. If LSU does well all over and also beats Ole Miss and MSU and Fournette leaves for the NFL, which is almost a certainty, he would be one year away from starting for a team who would rather run the ball than eat. Guice will also probably leave after 3 years. At least that is what I understand they are telling Akers. It is no where clear that Akers is coming to LSU but LSU is really after him.

Other than your post this is one of the dumbest threads I have ever read.

By the way how are you getting on? I think you told me you don't get over to East TX anymore. I hardly ever get more than 5 or 10 miles from my house anymore because of my wife's health anymore. I haven' been to a football game live in about five years. Enjoy it while you can.

Well, I got married Bill. My wife didn't like living in the country east of Oxford so we built a house in Oxford. We've been in it a little over a month. I think Ole Miss would have to be considered the favorite for Akers right now. He does indeed prefer a running team but Ole Miss has been a passing team because our O lines have dictated it. LSU has been a running team because the QB dictates it. I think both teams shift gears some this next season. We finally have some O linemen who can open holes. They are still young and inexperienced though. In another year our O line will be very good. We started 3 freshmen on the O line in the Sugar Bowl. We'll have one senior, three sophomores and a freshman on the O line this year if things work out the way I expect. I think WR Van Jefferson and RB Eric Swinney will be two newcomers on offense that will surprise this year. Swinney reminds me of Tre Mason and Van Jefferson reminds me of McCluster. It would not surprise me to see some freshmen starting on defense either.

Reactions: Bill_D
You answered that yourself. It is JULY. Practice hasn't even started yet. Many top flight recruits have yet to decide/declare where they want to commit. The impact of the investigation by all REASONABLE accounts will not be anything major, unlike what you unlettered mud slingers who have infested this site for the past few months want to claim, and probably won't have more than a minor effect on our recruiting. Revisit that statement in January ~ if you have the intestinal fortitude to do so. To make something of recruiting ranks rankings in July is just elementary school playground type stuff.
72reb, it's not that myself and others have mud slinged or infested our major concerns about those allegations and recruits. They WERE serious and quite alarming.

It helped many schools in the SEC but Bjork also increased the giving. Boone and Khayat had just about shut that down. No one trusted them. Three members of Nationwide Rebels met with Dan Jones right after he became Chancellor and told him never to have a fund raiser with academics and athletics combined because no one trusted the money intended for athletics to go to athletics. Jones did that with the Forward Together Campaign. But even that campaign was lagging until Bjork came in.

Rah Rah Bjork!

Now just how much was Ole Miss share of the ESPN contract?

And how does that compare with Fund Raising efforts?

JHV

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT