ADVERTISEMENT

Well maybe the game

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
will turn out for us like it did for Bama when Joe Willie, 1st string, violated team rules and they put in Snake, 2nd string, to play us in the Sugar Bowl. Time for a OM backup to step up. DK who was favored in that game but it wasn't any 38 pts.

will turn out for us like it did for Bama when Joe Willie, 1st string, violated team rules and they put in Snake, 2nd string, to play us in the Sugar Bowl. Time for a OM backup to step up. DK who was favored in that game but it wasn't any 38 pts.
Don’t set yourself up for disappointment........this is going to be ugly.....really ugly

Actually, the Bama QB who played in place of Namath in the ‘64 Sugar Bowl was Steve Sloan. OM was favored (forgot point spread), but every time our offense started moving, we fumbled. Lost 7 of 11 fumbles and Tim Davis kicked 4 FGs for a 12-7 Bama win. Probably the most frustrating loss in the series because Bama had very little offense except for our turnovers and Davis’ kicking.

Reactions: Fishing123
Actually, the Bama QB who played in place of Namath in the ‘64 Sugar Bowl was Steve Sloan. OM was favored (forgot point spread), but every time our offense started moving, we fumbled. Lost 7 of 11 fumbles and Tim Davis kicked 4 FGs for a 12-7 Bama win. Probably the most frustrating loss in the series because Bama had very little offense except for our turnovers and Davis’ kicking.
They must have greased the ball for any team to fumble 11 times.

I stand corrected. I'm always mixing the order of Sloan and Snake. I unfortunately attended the game in B'ham where Snake beat us 17-16 I think. I got drunk towards the end of that fiasco.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT