ADVERTISEMENT

What Will a Special Football Season Do For Us?

Mississippi Boy in DC

Five-Star Prospect
Nov 21, 2014
DC Metro Area
Not saying that last year was not special. It was great. But what if we do win the SEC in amazing fashion and end the season with no loss or one loss? this will surely catapult us into the upper echelons of college football programs, but what will it do for everything else the school has to offer? If we do win the whole sha-bang-bang this year, would it make us more appealing to basketball recruits? When I saw the draft and watched Devin Booker get taken I thought, damn, he could have played for his in state university, but he didn't.

I am one to believe that if we have a monster of a season with all that we have, it could reap huge dividends for everything else. I want to go so far as to say that we could be the Florida (when they are good) of the west in terms of basketball and football. Arkansas was good in basketball this year, but they don't have nearly the in state talent that Miss has. That being said, we could maintain it better than they can. I know we can. We have a basketball coach that has won 20 games nearly every season in a gym equivalent to the Coliseum in Jackson with "aight" talent. Just imagine.

Reactions: RebinFairfax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News