ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: While we wait...

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Hello from Hoover.

The weather looks fairly messy today and terrible the next couple days should that be relevant for Ole Miss. Storms are expected in this morning, and then it's hit or miss and 50-60 percent thunderstorms most of the rest of the day. There's no buffer in the schedule with four games per days, so any delay will drastically change game times, and it'll take some luck to avoid a delay or 3.

It's a tough draw facing Carter Holton for Vanderbilt today. He hasn't allowed an earned run in his last three starts, spanning 18 innings. He's struck out 86 in 68 innings on the season. Really good freshman who will be an. ace before he's done. He sat out last weekend with fatigue, so we'll see what he looks like today. For me, it's all about how Dylan DeLucia is physically. The short rest was too much for him on Thursday, and he admitted it yesterday, saying he was tight and struggled with flexibility. If he's on, he's built for this park because he doesn't allow many free passes and he throws a lot of fly balls. But it has to be sharp. His stuff was flat against A&M. That won't cut it today. But this isn't a typical Vanderbilt team, and the opportunity is right in front of the Rebels. Win and remove all doubt and get ready for next week. Lose and be at the mercy of the committee.

The Rebels were pretty loose during practice yesterday. I talked to Mike for a few minutes about Catherine giving a speech at graduation as class president, and he said Sam is transferring to Ole Miss as a student this coming year. Catherine is going to Ole Miss, too. Everyone had a mild heart attack at one point because someone threw a ball that hit Tim Elko while he was picking up BP balls, but he was all right. No issues.

I saw in the other thread that some people wonder if Bianco would take an admin job. I just don't see it. He's not done coaching, and I'd be head-sewn-to-the-carpet shocked if he did that. That's never even been hinted at in his plans to me. I think he wants to coach another 5-8 years unless there's been a thought change I'm not aware of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.