ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Freeze keep crapping the bed when Ole Miss has a chance to be great?

TheGhostOfMatchesMalone

Four-Star Prospect
Jan 30, 2016
Some coaches just crack under the pressure of greatness. Take 2014, Ole Miss starts a historically best 7-0, and is #1 in the nation.

Freeze panics, and finishes the season by losing 4 of his last six games.

Look at 2015, Ole Miss starts out 4-0, solidly in the Top 5 and locked into the playoffs. Then Freeze panics, and Ole MIss loses 2 of its next 4 games and 3 of its next 7.

Two straight years Ole Miss was in the driver's seat to play for the National Championship, and both years Ole Miss finished well outside the Top 10.

Guess that's what happens when you hire a high school coach that isn't ready for the big stage.

Actually I agree with you somewhat. Every year when we have a great chance to win it all we blow it by losing games we should not. Nutt did it in 2009 at South Carolina and we did it this past year. Freeze became too predictable in his play calling. When Dan Werner took over after the Memphis game our offense took off. Getting Tunsil back and having all our starting O line in place except Conyers helped too. In must win games like Bama and State Freeze did really well getting the team prepared. I like watching those games along with the Sugar Bowl every now and then. Did you video them by any chance?

Actually I agree with you somewhat. Every year when we have a great chance to win it all we blow it by losing games we should not. Nutt did it in 2009 at South Carolina and we did it this past year. Freeze became too predictable in his play calling. When Dan Werner took over after the Memphis game our offense took off. Getting Tunsil back and having all our starting O line in place except Conyers helped too. In must win games like Bama and State Freeze did really well getting the team prepared. I like watching those games along with the Sugar Bowl every now and then. Did you video them by any chance?

Programs tend to achieve the goals they set. Alabama's yearly goal is to win the SEC and NC. We do that better than any program in the nation.

Ole Miss' goal is to win the Egg Bowl. They do that well, 3 of the last 4. That also helps explain why they underachieve the rest of the time. If the Ole Miss culture was built around championships, they would start winning some. But all the Ole Miss fans care about is being state champs.

As for viewing the State and Alabama games, has DVD technology made its way to the state of Mississippi yet? I doubt it, I am guessing you can go into any gas station in the northern half of the state and get a cassette tape of the radio call of the last Egg Bowl. That seems to be about as advanced as the state of Mississippi can get.

Reactions: billywayneluck
Programs tend to achieve the goals they set. Alabama's yearly goal is to win the SEC and NC. We do that better than any program in the nation.

Ole Miss' goal is to win the Egg Bowl. They do that well, 3 of the last 4. That also helps explain why they underachieve the rest of the time. If the Ole Miss culture was built around championships, they would start winning some. But all the Ole Miss fans care about is being state champs.

As for viewing the State and Alabama games, has DVD technology made its way to the state of Mississippi yet? I doubt it, I am guessing you can go into any gas station in the northern half of the state and get a cassette tape of the radio call of the last Egg Bowl. That seems to be about as advanced as the state of Mississippi can get.

Rest assured, our goal is to win the SEC & NC and that reality is getting closer and closer. I look forward to making it 3 in a row against Saban this year in Oxford. You should hitch a ride with somebody that has a car. It's not that far from your trailer in Opp, AL. Get a glimpse of what draws top recruits to Oxford.

As far as state championships, I guess we would've been MS, AL, and LA state champs this year. For now, I guess we will just have to take solace in beating the shit out of you guys, LSU, State and winning the Sugar Bowl. We aren't going anywhere Ghost.....See you in Oxford for your next whooping.

As far as technology.....bwaaahhhhaaaaa! That's rich.

Rest assured, our goal is to win the SEC & NC and that reality is getting closer and closer. I look forward to making it 3 in a row against Saban this year in Oxford. You should hitch a ride with somebody that has a car. It's not that far from your trailer in Opp, AL. Get a glimpse of what draws top recruits to Oxford.

As far as state championships, I guess we would've been MS, AL, and LA state champs this year. For now, I guess we will just have to take solace in beating the shit out of you guys, LSU, State and winning the Sugar Bowl. We aren't going anywhere Ghost.....See you in Oxford for your next whooping.

LOL, you are an angry one.

Angry? Why? We have kicked your ass 2 years straight and 3 is coming. Dude, your name is Billy Wayne.....go back to your storm shelter in Cullman.
Perhaps, but this burns that redneck azz more than anything.
9053023.0.jpg

Perhaps, but this burns that redneck azz more than anything.
9053023.0.jpg

billywayneBobbit, the hayseed bigot calling someone else a redneck...That's rich. We know you're a narrow minded homophobe and I'm quite sure your bigotry doesn't stop there. Try and open your mind and join the rest of us in the 21st Century. [roll]

Last edited:

Crybaby bammer boy, please tell us about all the advances that have been made in the chicken frying industry. You just can't hide that type of proprietary information from the rest of the world! [roll]

billywayneBobbit, the hayseed bigot calling someone else a redneck...That's rich. We know you're a narrow minded homophobe and I'm quite sure your bigotry doesn't stop there. Try and open your mind and join the rest of us in the 21st Century. [roll]
I'm sorry it that hit too close to home for you. Eating Domino's pizza every night from your dilapidated trailer isn't a path out for you, however.

Let's quit the bitching about Coach Freeze in what he does or does not! He's the most successful coach we've had in several years, great person and recruiter, and brought us to respectability in a short time. A SHORT TIME, people!! We lost those games b/c the other team was up for it. It happens! Yet, we whip TexasAM, LSU, Alabama, OkST, and MSU? Nothing said! Damn, Rebel fans, where are you? Capitulating to Ghost? We've got a great class coming back! And a great future! Ghost, you haven't responded to my last post on the other subject-you know what I mean! Rebel fans, please feel free to respond to the NCAA allegations per our conversation. Been too quiet!

I'm sorry it that hit too close to home for you. Eating Domino's pizza every night from your dilapidated trailer isn't a path out for you, however.

billywayneBobbit...Nor is being a hayseed bigot, a path to be taken. Perhaps your homophobia is a result of confusion in your own sexuality. We're in the 21st century now and the vast majority of educated people are open minded and will accept you for who you are. Without a doubt your bigotry and ignorance doesn't stop at homophobia.

billywayneBobbit...Nor is being a hayseed bigot, a path to be taken. Perhaps your homophobia is a result of confusion in your own sexuality. We're in the 21st century now and the vast majority of educated people are open minded and will accept you for who you are. Without a doubt your bigotry and ignorance doesn't stop at homophobia.
LOL, where did I say anything against gays? I said you seemed to like them, which launched you into a diatribe filled with personal attacks.

Did I hit a nerve? Perhaps you should take your own advice and realize its 2016, you can come out of the closet now.

LOL, where did I say anything against gays? I said you seemed to like them, which launched you into a diatribe filled with personal attacks.

Did I hit a nerve? Perhaps you should take your own advice and realize its 2016, you can come out of the closet now.

billywayneBobbit, you've shown to be a bigoted hayseed...Your comments were homophobic and bigoted. I have no doubt that your ignorance doesn't end with homophobia. You badly need some life experience outside of your homogeneous environment in Hokey Pokey, Alabammer. The one positive is that you have no connection to U of Alabama other than your t shirt. I'm sure they are thankful for that.

billywayneBobbit, you've shown to be a bigoted hayseed...Your comments were homophobic and bigoted. I have no doubt that your ignorance doesn't end with homophobia. You badly need some life experience outside of your homogeneous environment in Hokey Pokey, Alabammer. The one positive is that you have no connection to U of Alabama other than your t shirt. I'm sure they are thankful for that.
So the answer is yes, I hit a nerve and you are a closet case?

Go ahead and be honest, your true friends and family will support you.

So the answer is yes, I hit a nerve and you are a closet case?

Go ahead and be honest, your true friends and family will support you.

What I am is immaterial. billywayneBobbit. What YOU'VE demonstrated is your hayseed bigotry, specifically homophobia. Without a doubt, you hold bigoted opinions of others, as well. You'll never do better than your current telemarketing of garbage securities job as long as you have a narrow mind.

What I am is immaterial. billywayneBobbit. What YOU'VE demonstrated is your hayseed bigotry, specifically homophobia. Without a doubt, you hold bigoted opinions of others, as well. You'll never do better than your current telemarketing of garbage securities job as long as you have a narrow mind.
Contain your jealously. The more you yap, the more you reveal you own true self, peasant.

Some coaches just crack under the pressure of greatness. Take 2014, Ole Miss starts a historically best 7-0, and is #1 in the nation.

Look at 2015, Ole Miss starts out 4-0, solidly in the Top 5 and locked into the playoffs. Then Freeze panics, and Ole MIss loses 2 of its next 4 games and 3 of its next 7.

Two straight years Ole Miss was in the driver's seat to play for the National Championship, and both years Ole Miss finished well outside the Top 10.

Guess that's what happens when you hire a high school coach that isn't ready for the big stage.
And why do you care?

That's kinda the point, Ole Miss remains a 2nd class program because its main goal is winning the state of Mississippi.

IOW, your top goal heading into every season is to beat your cross state rival, who typically wins 7-9 games a year.

FWIW, Johnny Vaught was a great coach who wanted to win championships. And he did. He rose above the Ole Miss culture of just beating State.

Sadly, his effort to pull Ole Miss fans up to his level was a complete failure.

Not really. I do know you are PWT and beneath me, which is what your angry posts are really about.

billywayneBobbit, My posts are filled with pity and contempt for your ignorance and hayseed bigotry. No doubt, your bigotry extends toward others, as well. Maybe you will educate yourself one day and be relieved of your homophobia and overall ignorance. [roll]

No depth in 2014.

Played 10 straight games in 2015 - and still not enough depth.

The man started on a stage at the Ford Center and last stage was in New Orleans holding up the Sugar Bowl trophy.

And we have closed the gap substantially on the depth.

JHV

billywayneBobbit, My posts are filled with pity and contempt for your ignorance and hayseed bigotry. No doubt, your bigotry extends toward others, as well. Maybe you will educate yourself one day and be relieved of your homophobia and overall ignorance. [roll]
My posts are filled with laughter because you are they very thing to accuse others of. On top of that you are an Ole Miss fan.

My posts are filled with laughter because you are they very thing to accuse others of. On top of that you are an Ole Miss fan.

billywayneBobbit, it's sad, and evidence of your ignorance, that you can laugh at the hayseed bigotry, and homophobia of your posts. The good news is that you never attended the bama campus. I'm sure they are happy about that, and thank you for your contribution to their cause, from your t shirt purchase.

billywayneBobbit, it's sad, and evidence of your ignorance, that you can laugh at the hayseed bigotry, and homophobia of your posts. The good news is that you never attended the bama campus. I'm sure they are happy about that, and thank you for your contribution to their cause, from your t shirt purchase.
I'm laughing at YOU, stupid.

#3rd...... Team ....follower......that can't place an order for Arby's....give me my order...please No Mayo on that RB!

I'm laughing at YOU, stupid.

billywayneBobbit, laughs at his own bigotry and homophobia. Pitiful that he's so narrow minded. Without a doubt, his bigotry extends to others beyond his homophobia. It's sad, though not surprising, that he seems PROUD of his BIGOTRY. I'm sure that the U of AL is thankful that billywayneBobbit has no association with the school or football team other than his t-shirt.

The team's goal was to win the SEC and we came within a fluke 4th and 25 of doing that. Florida had a hopped up QB and knew it when he played against us. He had already failed a drug test. Yet they waited until after the game to suspend him. No excuse for the Memphis fiasco.

Wow! I'm glad I popped in to read what this ghost person is posting. I love it! its obvious Bama's back to back losses to Ole Miss has really had a profound affect on this Gumps life. But I'm afraid after we beat them again in '16 he may kill himself. Its painfully obvious his entire self worth revolves around what these kids do and how many games they win. Can you give me your number so I can keep up with you. I truly worry about your mental stability and would hate for your death to be because of an Ole Miss loss.

Wow! I'm glad I popped in to read what this ghost person is posting. I love it! its obvious Bama's back to back losses to Ole Miss has really had a profound affect on this Gumps life. But I'm afraid after we beat them again in '16 he may kill himself. Its painfully obvious his entire self worth revolves around what these kids do and how many games they win. Can you give me your number so I can keep up with you. I truly worry about your mental stability and would hate for your death to be because of an Ole Miss loss.
Lol at this electricreb clown.

No, Ghost, much is said about OM going to Atlanta and winning the NC. BS post-not one of your better posts.

No, Ghost, much is said about OM going to Atlanta and winning the NC. BS post-not one of your better posts.

There is zero discussion on this or any Ole Miss board asking when Freeze is going to win the SEC or contend for a NC. You know it, I know it.

There is plenty of discussion about winning the Egg Bowl 3 of the last 4 years.

Until the expectations of the Ole Miss fans change, neither will the results.

There is zero discussion on this or any Ole Miss board asking when Freeze is going to win the SEC or contend for a NC. You know it, I know it.

There is plenty of discussion about winning the Egg Bowl 3 of the last 4 years.

Until the expectations of the Ole Miss fans change, neither will the results.
WRONG!! Freeze has often talked about it, as have several players! And naturally, they would. We DO NOT limit ourselves to the Egg Bowl and that's a promise!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT