ADVERTISEMENT

Will sanctions against Ole Miss football program for paying Tunsil, others be worse than 1994 case?

BlindsideHeckler

Red-Shirt Freshman
Dec 14, 2014
As you recall, the 1994 probation Ole Miss got was the worst in SEC history. 24 scholarships lost and a 2-year postseason ban.

Ole Miss has already self-imposed half that without adding in the Tunsil draft night admission that Ole Miss paid him, which Ole Miss admits it is still investigating with the NCAA.

Does the NCAA judgement end up being more or less than 24 schollies lost and a 2 year postseason ban? I think it will be very close. I think Ole Miss will eventually end up self-imposing around 14-15 schollies and they might offer a 1-year postseason ban, but I doubt it.

Once the NCAA adds on, the scholarship number will probably be a little over 20 schollies lost and 1-2 years postseason ban.

It will be close. This all assumes nothing else comes out, which could be a stretch.

As you recall, the 1994 probation Ole Miss got was the worst in SEC history. 24 scholarships lost and a 2-year postseason ban.

Ole Miss has already self-imposed half that without adding in the Tunsil draft night admission that Ole Miss paid him, which Ole Miss admits it is still investigating with the NCAA.

Does the NCAA judgement end up being more or less than 24 schollies lost and a 2 year postseason ban? I think it will be very close. I think Ole Miss will eventually end up self-imposing around 14-15 schollies and they might offer a 1-year postseason ban, but I doubt it.

Once the NCAA adds on, the scholarship number will probably be a little over 20 schollies lost and 1-2 years postseason ban.

It will be close. This all assumes nothing else comes out, which could be a stretch.
All this, and behind the back of Ole Miss faithful and staff, minus one. That damned staff member and an idiot booster in Oxford I'd like to choke them until they are blue in the face! Yet, in my view, Coach Freeze I stand with him. He had no knowledge.

11 schollies over 4 years. Nothing more.

All this, and behind the back of Ole Miss faithful and staff, minus one. That damned staff member and an idiot booster in Oxford I'd like to choke them until they are blue in the face! Yet, in my view, Coach Freeze I stand with him. He had no knowledge.

The whole 'Rev Freeze didn't know' argument only works to a point. At some point, you start crossing into territory where if Freeze honestly did NOT know, then he's risking a Failure to Monitor charge.

I think he crossed that line when Tunsil admitted that there was a payment plan between him and Ole Miss. Denying knowledge of that hurts him more than it helps. Worth noting that Freeze deleted the tweet inviting anyone to send Ole Miss any proof they had of cheating.

The whole 'Rev Freeze didn't know' argument only works to a point. At some point, you start crossing into territory where if Freeze honestly did NOT know, then he's risking a Failure to Monitor charge.

I think he crossed that line when Tunsil admitted that there was a payment plan between him and Ole Miss. Denying knowledge of that hurts him more than it helps. Worth noting that Freeze deleted the tweet inviting anyone to send Ole Miss any proof they had of cheating.
Where did you see he deleted his Tweet? Seems self-defeating. Not denying anything from what you or anyone are stating. Just trying to get my facts straight. This whole thing wreaks of a dead rat. I hate it and have said so many times. Could we also say CHF may be naive as he is relatively new to NCAA coaching at this level?

You need to be here when your bubble is burst. No bowl bans. Bottomline, I don't believe that OM is clean but I'm praying that we don't get crippled back to the Coach O days.

Yeah, I've learned that when you call people out on their BS that you can tell if they're FOS or not. In your case, you are FOS and don't believe any of the conspiracy theories about how OM has been wronged or you would put up something of value. In this case, not monetary. Just a message board ban bet of, let's say.... 6 months. We can wait until a month after the sanctions come down before either of us leave.

What say you now, Mr Stone?

Yeah, I've learned that when you call people out on their BS that you can tell if they're FOS or not. In your case, you are FOS and don't believe any of the conspiracy theories about how OM has been wronged or you would put up something of value. In this case, not monetary. Just a message board ban bet of, let's say.... 6 months. We can wait until a month after the sanctions come down before either of us leave.

He knows Ole Miss is paying players and is going to get hammered, he just refuses to admit it to 'Bama' and 'Miss State' fans.

As if that changes something.

The only ones on here who are full of shit are you and Heckler. Would the two of you like some cheese with your perpetual whine? Your coach is Freeze's bitch until further notice. Suck it up, buttercup.

Logic fail. Non-answer is an answer? No, an non-answer would simply be a response. And your coach and team has folded the last two years against Ole Miss.
Has to be hell being a neck tech fan knowing that the hunchback is n over his head. Ole Miss will maul state by as many points as they want this year.

Your non-answer is the exact answer we all expected. Bluff called, you folded.

Haha, the dude is saying that I'm FOS but he is the one who won't accept the bet. You can't make this stuff up. But my point is proven. He knows he doesn't believe the bs he types. Thanks for playing , LyingMan.

No matter what happens, how is this going to keep Miss State from sucking this year and finishing last in the West? You State fans are so caught up in Ole Miss you don't keep up with your own teams. All your site moderators discuss is Ole Miss because your team is so bad. If they told you the truth you would all cancel your subscriptions.

Reactions: HightowerReb
Haha, the dude is saying that I'm FOS but he is the one who won't accept the bet. You can't make this stuff up. But my point is proven. He knows he doesn't believe the bs he types. Thanks for playing , LyingMan.
You are FOS as stupid as dirt to think someone would take a bet from a no name nobody turder on a smack board. I guess that just makes you a typical Tide fan.

Ask Mizzippy Tate.

The NCAA penalized Mississippi State's football program with two years of probation, a loss of four total scholarships, and a loss of four recruiting visits, and cited a former assistant coach for unethical conduct for major recruiting violations.

According to the NCAA, a since-disassociated booster assisted a player in securing a car, provided cash to a recruit on multiple locations and told the recruit if he did not take a visit to another school, he would be paid $6,000.

Mississippi State said the athlete (defensive back Will Redmond) has been reinstated after paying back $2,660 in benefits, forfeiting a year of eligibility and being withheld from the first five games of the 2013 season.

"We're pleased the committee on infractions accepted our self-imposed actions and Mississippi State's full cooperation," said MSU athletic director Scott Stricklin.

Byron De'Vinner, Redmond's 7-on-7 coach, said he advised the player not to take the $6,000 and instead fly to Georgia. Redmond took the visit. Georgia was Redmond's second choice after Mississippi State.

Last year, ESPN reported that Redmond faced NCAA scrutiny and that De'Vinner said the involved booster was Denton Herring. Also last year, Mississippi State wide receivers coach Angelo Mirando was said to have resigned for personal reasons, but ESPN reported he was involved in an NCAA investigation that also involved Redmond.

At the time, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen criticized ESPN's reporting regarding Mirando and Redmond.

E-mail communication between Herring and Mirando has been reviewed by ESPN. The e-mails showed constant communication, including the booster suggesting players Mirando should be recruiting.

According to NCAA committee on infractions chair Britton Banowsky, the case was serious in nature because it involved a booster who helped bring a top recruit to campus and because a coach had knowledge.

Mirando was given a one year show-cause penalty, which hinders his ability to secure employment at the college level. The penalty would have been worse except the NCAA said Mirando cooperated to an extent beyond what was required. The report says Mirando "became aware of the improper recruiting activity but did not report it to university officials."

According to the report released Friday, the Mississippi State booster also helped the recruit secure a car for $2,000 below the actual value.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9352487/mississippi-state-bulldogs-put-probation-ncaa

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I didn't hear him say "payment plan".

Your best play would have been to just ignore my proposal and not respond. Everyone here can see who the coward is. You were owned, pal.

Your best play would have been to not propose a bet on a message board. Was this an anomaly or do you have a talent for dumb ideas? You've completely identified yourself as a moron. And everyone here can see that. Keep trying little coward.

Your best play would have been to not propose a bet on a message board. Was this an anomaly or do you have a talent for dumb ideas? You've completely identified yourself as a moron. And everyone here can see that. Keep trying little coward.

I am willing to propose any type of bet. You see, I'm correct in my assessment of this situation while your idiotic homeristic stance is not. You know that and that's why you don't want to put up anything of value to back up your words. There are multiple posters from rival schools that will vouch for my word on such message board wagers. So saying that I wouldn't honor my end is a futile exercise.

I am willing to propose any type of bet. You see, I'm correct in my assessment of this situation while your idiotic homeristic stance is not. You know that and that's why you don't want to put up anything of value to back up your words. There are multiple posters from rival schools that will vouch for my word on such message board wagers. So saying that I wouldn't honor my end is a futile exercise.

Again with the message board wager. You're a complete moron. It's hilarious to watch a tard like you step in the same pile of shit, over and again. You obviously have a learning disability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT