ADVERTISEMENT

With some at Ark wanting Malzahn, is Rhett Lashlee not the compromise?

BlueRaider731

4-Year Starter
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2013
He played for Malzahn in high school in Arkansas, followed him to Arkansas. Knows his playbook better than anyone. Has evolved his schemes much better with times…

And those that don’t want Malzahn, it’s because of old bad blood, that he’s a retread, that he’s not lighting world on fire at UCF. That he seems to be set in his ways on scheme. That he can’t develop a passing game.

Looks like a still young coach with a lot to prove in Rhett Lashlee, who is winning at SMU, would be a serious candidate at Arkansas.. ?

Now granted, I think Lashlee would have a hard decision because smu is a great job in joining the ACC and having things rolling, including with NIL, but if Clemson, UNC, FSU, Virginia, NCSU leave.. then SMU is left with a bunch of private schools in a conference not as good as the Big 12.

Why are you going away from Pittman? What’s his weakness? He was never a coordinator, he’s never been a playcaller on either side of the ball. He has risen and fallen with the quality of his coordinators running a unit. Lashlee is a longtime coordinator. I think it’s safe to say his offense will never fully implode.

Didn’t Lashlee and Malzahn have some sort of falling out? Or did Lashlee just need to spread his wings? I can’t remember. What was the parting there?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News