ADVERTISEMENT

With spring practice beginjjng

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
and closed practices, I suppose we reply on press releases eh? Not looking forward to this year.

and closed practices, I suppose we reply on press releases eh? Not looking forward to this year.

What's not to look forward to? We'll have arguably the best QB in the SEC who could be a viable Heisman Candidate. Granted, there are several question marks on defense but, as a whole, no more than there were last season.

Gotcha. I agree that this will be more of a "meh" Spring practice than before, mainly because there's no Grove Bowl this year.

That's the first I've heard about 'no Grove Bowl'. I guess that's understandable since the stadium is being expanded and real grass being planted. Why couldn't they travel to Panola High or somewhere else for the game? Hell, play it in Jackson's Memorial Stadium.

I have a question for you guys? Your recruiting class of 2013 was awesome. But a lot of those guys have moved on. Your classes of 2014 and 2015 were decent but not elite according to the rankings. Now your class of 2016 was awesome and might rival your class of 2013. My question is "Do you think we'll see a lot of True Freshman playing huge roles in your season opener against us?" Or were there a lot of diamonds in the rough in your 2014 and 2015 classes that will step in and replace all the guys you are losing? Thoughts?

I have a question for you guys? Your recruiting class of 2013 was awesome. But a lot of those guys have moved on. Your classes of 2014 and 2015 were decent but not elite according to the rankings. Now your class of 2016 was awesome and might rival your class of 2013. My question is "Do you think we'll see a lot of True Freshman playing huge roles in your season opener against us?" Or were there a lot of diamonds in the rough in your 2014 and 2015 classes that will step in and replace all the guys you are losing? Thoughts?

There were really only 3 players moving on from the 2013 class. The only 2 i really see making any impact out of this years class is Little and Brown. Brown should get into the WR rotation because he has next level talent even though we are stacked with next level talent at WR. Little will start at LT day one replacing Tunsil. Alot of guys out of the 14 and 15 class started or got significant playing time last year. The classes might not have been ranked in the top ten but the top guys in those classes could start on most teams in the country this year.

Also this should give you a clear picture of what we look like moving forward with the exception of moving Caldwell back outside where he is natural at since we just signed a 5th year transfer and redshirt soph from juco to play in the middle at linebacker.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016...-kelly-evan-engram-greg-little-shea-patterson
You know, this reminds me, Markell Pack was committed to us for awhile back when he was a recruit. We thought we had him in the bag but obviously he decided to stay home and go to Ole Miss. Sounds like he'll be playing a big role for you guys too this year.

You know, this reminds me, Markell Pack was committed to us for awhile back when he was a recruit. We thought we had him in the bag but obviously he decided to stay home and go to Ole Miss. Sounds like he'll be playing a big role for you guys too this year.
Probably so. Look for Lodge and Jefferson to have a break out year too they were both top ten receivers coming out of high school in last years class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT