ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder about how we decide who to recruit from high school

Aruban Rebel

Rookie
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2016
I trust our coaches in their recruiting, but I would like to know how they decide who to pursue in their high school recruiting. There is a 5 star on the 247 composite rating Class of 2026 6' 6" wide receiver at my son's high school who my son has several classes with, is friends with and are on the tennis team together. He received scholarship offers from Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Duke and Vanderbilt as a freshman. Since then, he has received scholarship offers from over 50 schools, but not Ole Miss. He is super smart as he has been recruited by the Ivy League schools. He is also super nice. He has been stellar at the summer camps.

One Ole Miss assistant coach has visited the high school. Most other SEC head coaches have visited my son's school. My son's friend likes Ole Miss and regularly wears the Ole Miss swag he received to class and wears Ole Miss gloves at times in games. My son and he discuss his recruitment regularly in class. My son will bring up Ole Miss with him. He says he really likes Ole Miss, but they haven't shown him much interest or love. Right now, he says Oregon leads in his recruitment. But of course, that can change over the next two years.

I just wonder why we aren't seriously recruiting someone like him who is super talented, smart, and of great character. And is interested in Ole Miss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.